RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - FAVENTIANVS - 08-03-2006

Quote:3 days, Faventianvs ? I bet it took a lot longer to cut out the individual leather pieces (scales?)
That part took 1 day.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Crispvs - 08-03-2006

"Evidence for centurions in segmentatae is itself almost non-existent... it is a common reenactor practice, however, and so is less anachronistic to the eye. "

When you consider that evidence for the armour of centuriones is limited to two (or maybe three) examples of mail and two examples of scale, out of hundreds of thousands whose appearance is not known, I would say that it is impossible to draw any firm conclusions about the equippage of centuriones past what the literary sources tell us, namely greaves (ocreae), vine stick (vitis), transverse crest (crista traversa) and possibly silvered helmets. I can see no legitimate or defencible reason to assume that centuriones did not wear segmentata.

Crispvs

Quintus, centurion de la Cohors Prima Aquitanorum - Quintus Julius Furius - 08-17-2006

[Image: 1155804531.jpg]

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - FAVENTIANVS - 08-17-2006

Can you post a closer view of your helmet Quintus?

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Quintus Julius Furius - 08-18-2006

Yes,

[Image: 1155891981.jpg]

It's the "one" of imperial , it one exemple of the transition.....of Gallic helmet....roman helmet.

This centurion is a centurion of auxiliaries of the 1 centurie of Cohors Prima Aquitanorum

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS - 08-18-2006

Looks very good! Who makes it?

good impression! Big Grin .

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Quintus Julius Furius - 08-18-2006

Bruno Diénot, member of Viaromana.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - FAVENTIANVS - 08-18-2006

WOW!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Robert Vermaat - 08-24-2006

Cacaius made some nice pictures of me at Archeon:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Titus Martius - 08-24-2006

Quote:Cacaius made some nice pictures of me at Archeon:

Pictures are nice, but the impression is EXCELLENT!

[Image: t_rat_150.jpg]

TIBISIVS (or other member of Prima Germanica), could you show me detail of your shield emblem (especially fish), please? I am currently making my own scutum and I wish to paint more detailed emblem than other members of my legion, but I have not found quality picture of original from Marcus Aurelius' arch.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Robert Vermaat - 08-24-2006

Quote:
Vortigern Studies:114fcb78 Wrote:Cacaius made some nice pictures of me at Archeon:
Pictures are nice, but the impression is EXCELLENT!

Thanks! Big Grin

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS - 08-24-2006

A more frontal view of our fierce optio!

[Image: escut.jpg]

Thanks! Smile

Not a roman - Folkert van Wijk - 08-25-2006

Ok then, as I wrote before I consider myself a Auxilia of the most tribal and barbaric kind...

So I don't know if these photo's do belong here, but hey it's always good to be able to tell your friends from foes....:wink:

To make a long story short, here is my impression of a Gaull somewhere between 50 BC and 50 AD....
[Image: MeArchAug01.jpg]
[Image: MeForHuttCombi01.jpg]
[Image: MeHat01.jpg]

Besides I just took a look at the Celt miniatures of Pegaso and they look awfull considered accuratness. They all seam to be wearing bronse age helmets!!! Confusedhock: