RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - tlclark - 06-03-2006

Quote:Also, can you show me unambiguous evidence for short sleeves on early imperial tunics.

Sure. The Primaporta Augustus has sleeves.
[Image: primaportadet18b.jpg]

It clearly has sleeves, though very short. This also shows the sleeve split above the tunic. This is the case on most examples of the lorica musculata.

I don't think this is typical, but it is definitely attested to in the art.

Travis

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Quintus Julius Furius - 06-04-2006

[Image: 1149457123.jpg]

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gallus Marinus Micarius - 06-04-2006

Nice quintus, very nice!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - FAVENTIANVS - 06-05-2006

Quote:[Image: 1149457123.jpg]
How many periods do you do?

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - arklore70 - 06-05-2006

Well, I guess it is time to show off my impression.

I am not there yet, but I am working on it. I think I am at about the 90% solution, now it is the devil in the small details I have to work out like the art work on my Clipeus.

V/r
Mike

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gallus Marinus Micarius - 06-05-2006

Favientianus - your late roman impression in your avatar is also very nice, do you have a higher resolution pic you can post so I can take a look at the full shot? Your pteruges seem to hang down nicely...are they sewn onto your subarmalis? I would like some tips for making some to wear with my hamata...thx

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Quintus Julius Furius - 06-05-2006

http://pic.aceboard.net/img/111935/1296/1149489354.jpg

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Quintus Julius Furius - 06-05-2006

Quote:
Quintus Julius Furius:3annahyj Wrote:[Image: 1149457123.jpg]
How many periods do you do?

Viaromana is a french re-enectment group with Auxiliaries and the story of roman solder :

RESEARCH AND EXPERIMENTATION
Our work is complementary to archaeologists' and historians' ones. We try to complete it through the reconstruction of artefacts, clothing and objects of Roman Antic Times, which we use and experiment to give a better understanding of their conception, their handling, or their use. We try, as a modest non-profit association, to help getting a better perception of Roman Antic Times, which are the base of our western society.

PEDAGOGY
We also care about the pedagogical diffusion of acquired knowledge through interventions in High-schools, lectures, demonstrations and workshops during historic shows. Our work of research, documentation, reconstruction and experimentation helps us to present different aspects of antic times both from playful and pedagogical aspects, with a great seriousness regarding historic reality.

AUXILIARIES
We are more specifically interested, through the "Cohors Prima Aquitanorum", in a better understanding of the part and the life of Gaul and Aquitaine natives who were fighting as auxiliaries within the roman legions. Our research on military aspects covers also the various people coming from every corner of the Empire to join in the auxiliary troops, such as archers (mainly from eastern countries), sling men (the most famous ones coming from the Baleares), Gaul Velites and Numidian or German horsemen. Obviously, we also work on the famous legionaries, the roman citizens forming the essential base of the imperial army. This work about the roman army applies to the period from the beginning of our era with the conquest of the Gaul by Caesar up to the end of the first century, when the Roman Empire culminates under Emperor Trajan.

DAYLY LIFE
The association VIAROMANA applies itself to a better understanding and reconstruction of civil life in Rome and in the Empire, specially about childhood, games and toys, religious life, crafts, garments or cooking. The aim of this work is to make the audience share the feeling of daily life in the roman empire, specially in Gaul.

We make a légionnary (one) also for the III, IVième and Vième siecle,

and also the legionnary of Punic wars...

Aklore70: Your equipment looks great, when you got your clipeus painted it'll look perfect!

Gallus Marinus Micarius : Yes, the upper pteruges are attached to somekinda subarmalis, but the lower back ones are attached separately as a belt. Be sure to attach the upper pteryges in avantail/fan form.

Quintus Julius Furius: So we have the same kind of group! Big Grin already added to our links list.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gallus Marinus Micarius - 06-05-2006

very nice...thanks for the info.

See also this:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - John M McDermott - 06-05-2006

Splendid job!

Howdee!

Thanx John!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs - 06-05-2006

faventianvs,
very nice work.Your entire kit looks great!
Quite impressive.

Thanks Andy! :oops: