RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 09-30-2015

I have my sagum on under my paenular cloak. Not too far off.
[attachment=12866]10945052_1401086483526760_7727564558114001509_n1.jpg[/attachment]

Show here your Roman soldier impression - panairjdde - 10-01-2015

Hello Evan,

Nice impression! May I ask you what's the period you are recreating? I am also interested about the udones and the calcei you are using, as well as the torque, where did you get them and what are their models?

Best regards,
Furius

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Flavivs Aetivs - 10-01-2015

I'm doing 430's through 450's. The socks are just SOTW socks, nothing special. I need new ones though. The Boots are a custom design by Matt Amt, which Rusty then made for me (and offers on the newer SOTW website), based off of the early 5th century Vergilius manuscripts.

The torque is made by Al-Hamdd, which is also on the newer SOTW website, but I don't know if any of the Al-hamdd pricing is right now until I talk to Suhel so avoid buying it until I can tell you (Suhel recently doubled or tripled his prices):

www.legvi.tripod.com/sotw

Show here your Roman soldier impression - LonginusXXI - 10-15-2015

Does anyone know who this is?
[attachment=12906]image_2015-10-15.jpeg[/attachment]

Show here your Roman soldier impression - MarcusNorwood - 10-15-2015

Deserters. Cowards that ran from the battlefield. Crucify them if you catch them .

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Scream92 - 10-16-2015

On the left is myself. On the right is Caleb Smith, AKA Paulinus.

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Flavivs Aetivs - 10-18-2015

Quote:AKA Paulinus.

Pole-anus*

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Robert Vermaat - 10-19-2015

Some images taken last week at a very nice event (with fortunately great weather).

Fectio - 

Our own clubman - 

Jurjen and his axe - 

My son, the next generation - 

Well that's me - 

My daughter and her friend - 

Rolling the dice

RE: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Virilis - 11-13-2015

Very nice, Robert!

RE: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Flavivs Aetivs - 11-16-2015

Castra 2015

[Image: cp2K349.jpg]

[Image: MTMg8QT.jpg]

[Image: VYO9fZb.jpg]

[Image: giNCfHh.jpg]

[Image: kQjPnDc.jpg]

RE: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Virilis - 11-16-2015

Very nice, Evan! I will definitely buy this new Deepeeka sword when it hits the stores. Btw, next operation a belt maybe? Wink

(11-16-2015, 06:23 AM)Virilis Wrote: Very nice, Evan! I will definitely buy this new Deepeeka sword when it hits the stores. Btw, next operation a belt maybe? Wink

Yeah I've got a baldric in the works for the sword, it's just not finished yet. Shield isn't either, needs leather edging and red paint still.

Thanks Jyrki!

Evan, any ideas for the emblem for your shield? My shield somehow resembles Defensores or Honoriani Atecotti Iuniores. Notitia Dignitatum, being a copy of the original etc. gives room for some interpretation. Then again I must confess something. When I ordered my shield, I asked for a "Fectio-like" Marcomanni Iuniores shield with a blue backside. So I wanted originally a red shield with a red back side but the maker interpreted I wanted a blue background for the emblem! At first I was a bit disappointed but the colours started to grow on me eventually and now I wouldn`t want to change them. Btw, still satisfied with the Deepeeka spatha?

The Spatha is quite nice.

As for shield pattern, I'm going with one based off the Felices Valentinianenses in the Notitia Dignitatum. Just need to draw out the pattern, paint the general shape, and then go over it with the black paint pen for the details.

I will definitely order the spatha when it hits the stores in Europe. The customs (when ordering from India) are pain in the ass here. Wink