RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 04-18-2012

I agree with Kai.
Also while it may seem easy for some toa ask questions about kit they see posted, the
line of questioning may seem to obtuse to some to ask, untiul someone else does it....
So it is good to see the questions generated by threads from all angles.

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Gaius Colletti - 04-18-2012

Quote:I agree with Kai.
Also while it may seem easy for some toa ask questions about kit they see posted, the
line of questioning may seem to obtuse to some to ask, untiul someone else does it....
So it is good to see the questions generated by threads from all angles.

A good point Byron, however do you have any suggestions how we can clean up a 151 page thread that is more talk than impressions?

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Folkert van Wijk - 04-19-2012

Another forum I frequent visit has a sort of gallery that simply contains all photo's ones posted or uploaded. Organized per member.

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Publius Aelius Lucius - 04-19-2012

our first, as registered society "gentes danubii - lebendige geschichte" late roman event " konstantin lässt grüssen" in the archaeological park carnuntum:

photos anita:
Konstantin lässt grüßen

photos firiel:
Konstantin lässt grüßen

photos archaeological park carnuntum:
APC - Konstantin lässt grüßen

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Robert Vermaat - 04-20-2012

Quote:our first, as registered society "gentes danubii - lebendige geschichte" late roman event " konstantin lässt grüssen" in the archaeological park carnuntum:
I know it's not your first event of course Wink but as a first 'official' one - not bad at all! Thanks for the images Martin.

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Renger - 04-21-2012

Big Grin Thank you Martin.

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Publius Aelius Lucius - 04-21-2012

Quote:I know it's not your first event of course :wink: but as a first 'official' one

thats right, robert Big Grin

Quote:not bad at all!

thank you :-D

Quote: :-D Thank you Martin.

gern geschehen :grin:

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - jvrjenivs - 04-26-2012

A poster for the "Limesreis" (Limestour) series of events along the Dutch Limes next month, finishing at the Nijmegen Romeinenfestival

[Image: limesreisPosterKlein.jpg]

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - etrusker86 - 04-26-2012

Wow! An impressive uniform!!

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Astiryu1 - 04-28-2012

The guys armor on the front looks familiar but I can't remember the faceWink

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Doc - 04-29-2012

Nice picture Jurjen. I just have one question because I think it adds nicely to your impression. The neck torc......why have you chosen to wear one for a Roman centurion? Is it because torcs were also something that the Romans adopted so why not a neck torc? The reason I ask is because I too thought about it but was not sure if it made sense to do so.

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - jvrjenivs - 04-29-2012

Quote:Nice picture Jurjen. I just have one question because I think it adds nicely to your impression. The neck torc......why have you chosen to wear one for a Roman centurion? Is it because torcs were also something that the Romans adopted so why not a neck torc? The reason I ask is because I too thought about it but was not sure if it made sense to do so.

Well, basically my kit has lots of local influences and I'm portraying an officer from local (e.g. Batavian) origin. Using the neck-torque is a local influence, which we also know was used within the auxilia cavalry. See also my checkered official cloak, for instance.

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - scotti73 - 04-29-2012

Excellent impression,i fully support the local influence. Too much reliance is placed on monuments like Trajans column. I too recreate a Batavian auxiliary wearing segmentata in line with archaeological finds in both auxiliary forts and finds from the Netherlands.

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Doc - 04-29-2012

Thanks Jurjen for the reply. I too agree that if anyone would be stationed in the frontiers or places other than Rome, that there definitely would be something that will catch the eye. I know that when I go traveling around, there is apparel that I normally would not entertain but in the ambiance in which I see it makes it attractive to wear.

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Quintus Julius Furius - 05-17-2012

Hello !

Some pictures of Viaromana :

http://www.viaromana.com/auxilia.nsf

Go to "Auxilia" et "Au fil des siècles..."