RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Paul Elliott - 11-09-2011

Longus, I love that first photo, a great action shot. And I like the helmet alot ... it looks familiar :mrgreen:

Re: - Graham Sumner - 11-09-2011

I bet I can make Byron pretty as a picture! Big Grin

John wrote:

I have no distain for early Roman re-enactors or infantry in general.

I and others can attest to that, as you took the part of the first century infantry commander in your mock battle against late Roman forces at the RAT conference but I do have my suspicions that you allowed them to win! :wink:

Graham.

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Graham Sumner - 11-09-2011

I bet I can make Byron pretty as a picture! Big Grin

John wrote:

I and others can attest to that, as you took the part of the first century infantry commander in your mock battle against late Roman forces at the RAT conference but I do have my suspicions that you allowed them to win! :wink:

Graham.

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - John Conyard - 11-09-2011

Cheers Graham.

[attachment=2063]5th_enter_battlecopy.jpg[/attachment]

Having survived the kidnapping, the poison and the bribery I was proud to lead that 1st century army! It was all going so well with my rather tough looking if unruly auxiliaries followed by my hard iron citizen legionaries, flanked by my cavalry. Sadly I fear I was always doomed to lose against the professional 4th century army financially backed by the full power of the state and a command economy. They had better technology, legionaries with massive missile power, infantry who were all Roman citizens some with fanatical religious conviction, plus more and better cavalry. I fear the battle could have but one outcome.

[attachment=2064]Theromanway.jpg[/attachment]

But all that is for another thread!

Re: - Gaius Julius Caesar - 11-09-2011

Quote:I bet I can make Byron pretty as a picture! Big Grin

John wrote:

Graham.

I KNOWhe did...... :wink:

Re: - Caballo - 11-09-2011

(Puts mod hat on) Like the cartoons, but chaps, this is getting very off topic! :roll:

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - scotti73 - 11-13-2011

[attachment]C:\\fakepath\\auxiliary infantry.png[/attachment]
Heres me in a Squamata i last wore some 17 years ago. Surprisingly i still fit in it Tongue

This is me in a squamata that i last wore some 17 years ago, surprisingly it still fits.

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Caballo - 11-13-2011

Looking mean and magnificent!

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - comicus - 11-13-2011

Improved impression thanks to RAT members input- new staff (hastile) , scutum, torque, belt and removed red cloak - still waiting on tablet and ring

Thanks guys for your input it's always appreciated.

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Vindex - 11-13-2011

Great pics Longus - got any more???

A Max - I certainly wouldn't get into any of my uniform after 17 years!! May I ask if you wear anything under the scales shirt to protect your inner arm movement? (If its not a personal question of course!! :wink: )

Impressed Spetimius! The investment certainly looks worthhwile to me!

Never had a problem with the inner arm area, i've got a very large tunic which seems to sort the problem.

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 11-13-2011

My tunic always seem to ride up into the hamata sleeves, so I end up with one arm
being scratched by the rivets, the other ok.
I put flaps on the underside of my subarmalis armholes, but that was more for the segs.
Yooz guysare looking pretty mean! Confusedmile:

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Evgeny - 11-14-2011

[Image: c4516ff20fea.jpg]

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 11-14-2011

Looking good there. The gap at the top of the girdle plates and the breastplates
alway bothers me with some seg images though. It seems a vulnerable point where you least need it.