RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS - 09-28-2011

Hope you not use it for a "things wrong done"... hahaha :lol:

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Marcus F. - 10-01-2011

Awesome, Cesar! What kind of horse-race is that actually?

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS - 10-02-2011

It's a spanish pony! Thanks!

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Caballo - 10-03-2011

Attached pictures from this weekend's training session with Cohors I Batavorum (we should have taken more pictures...but only realised this in the pub later). I'm wearing my new bronze squamata from Al Hammdd (which Suhel tells me he is looking to improve further) and am carrying our new shield colours.
[Image: P1120069.jpg]
[Image: P1120072.jpg]

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Virilis - 10-03-2011

Looking very good Paul!

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Tadius Danartus - 10-03-2011

Like that a lot Paul, really good impression. Love the new black colour on the shields as well.

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Crispvs - 10-03-2011

Very nice! I don't think I have seen a bronze squamata before.

Regarding the training session at the Lunt, I don't recall having heard about this until now - why not (?) I have to ask. Confusedhock:

I also feel that I have to say that I greatly prefer the green fields and find it a little unlikely that Roman soldiers would have carried black shields, although as always I would be very happy to be proved wrong. :wink:

Crispvs

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Peroni - 10-04-2011

Quote:Regarding the training session at the Lunt, I don't recall having heard about this until now - why not (?) I have to ask.

Simple answer... You're not a member of the group Crispvs! Please feel free to contact me should you wish to come and play as a Batavian auxiliary! We had a great day with 14 soldiers on the field.

Regarding the shield colour we have no evidence of the colour of first C auxiliary shields so black is as good a speculative colour as red blue or pink for that matter.

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Aemilianus - 10-04-2011

Here is my impression of a Roman republican centurion second century BC.

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Doc - 10-05-2011

Jean-Luc,

Beautiful impression. Who made your ocrae? Would you happen to have a closer photo of them. They look most impressive.

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Aemilianus - 10-05-2011

Doc,

All my metal equipment is made by König from Aurificina treverica in Germany. I think that you can see clother photos on their site. Here is a closer shot.

Greetings

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Quintus Julius Furius - 10-08-2011

[Image: 870143Nouvelleimage2364875.jpg]

Tunic 3ième siecle AD

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 10-08-2011

Amazing kit Jean-luc!

I have been wondering who the lucky soul was who had commisioned those pieces from Erik!

The greaves are beautiful work indeed!
As is the rest of the impression!

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Doc - 10-08-2011

Jean-Luc

I agree with Byron. Thanks for the info on the ocrae.

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - arklore70 - 10-08-2011

I am not sure if anyone has ever gone back to some of the first pages on this post, but looking back and now forward I am amazed how fast we have collectively really improved upon the quality of our impressions.

Makes me wonder what we will be looking like in five years.

Not sure how many other time periods have had such an accelerated growth in numbers and accuracy.

Great job everyone!!

R/