RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - texascavtrooper - 08-31-2010

:twisted: :lol: Tongue lol: :twisted: :lol: Tongue P lol: :twisted:

Byron, THIS is the event I ivited you to!!! :twisted: Tongue P P lol:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 09-01-2010

LOL, well I was at a great event this weekend , in many ways! Thanks for the invite though my friend!!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Phaichtos - 09-01-2010

Quote:OK guys here's a pic of my immpression. this was taken after the capture of one of the cities.:twisted:
It was a tough job but someone had to take care of the slaves!!!!!!!! :lol: Tongue twisted: 8)

ACTUALLLLLLY, does that chick's bikini strap adhere to 1st century CE guidel--errrr I mean.... nice picture dude :lol:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - arklore70 - 09-07-2010

Got to love TRF/texas Renaissance Festival.

Every Renn Faire I have been too Romans get the Rock Star Treatment.

R/

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Peroni - 09-13-2010

Here's a couple of shots taken at Segedunum recently..

Claire (Cheyenne) made the Dura tunica for me. It's a lovely fit and really lightweight thin woollen off-white fabric. Very comfortable and no typical 'wool itch'! Thanks Claire, it was much admired!

[Image: DSCF3754.jpg]

[Image: DSCF3816.jpg]

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 09-13-2010

Nice tunic. Who made the scuta? Holger?

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Peroni - 09-13-2010

No Byron, it was made by Jean-Olivier Bourbon at Fabricae in France. ( http://fabricae.free.fr/ )
I did the paintwork and added the boss.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Crispvs - 09-13-2010

Very nice Frater.

It's nice to see the accurate decoration on the tunic too. I am well aware of the swastika's connotations for many people but I think it is high time its long non-nazi history was again recognised, before we start to lose the last people who can actually remember its pre-nazi use. My parents had an Edwardian tablecloth with rows of brocaded swastikas along its edges and my great uncle was awarded a Scouting medal in the early 1930s in the form of a swastika. Both of these items predated the nazis theft and perversion of the symbol.
Using it on a tunic like this allows us to point out to those who might comment that it is copied directly from a picture painted 1700 years before the Nazi party was even thought of. How are the decorations applied, incidently?

Who made the sword and scabbard by the way? Am I right in thinking it is not a Deepeeka one? I seem to remember Aitor posting up a tutorial a few years ago on making scabbards of that type. Can we have a close up of it?

You have also done a very nice paint job on the shield, as always. Well done! Your standard of paintwork has certainly not diminished since your 'Golden Demon' days.

Crispvs

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Caballo - 09-13-2010

Really outstanding! Segedunum looks a good backdrop too.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 09-13-2010

Yes Ade, the paint job is outstanding!

I remember now you pointed that link out to me sometime ago,or perhaps Caballo. :?
Perhaps it is time i got one, as I like the dished design!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - brennivs - tony drake - 09-13-2010

Here is me at Hardwick Hall as a Dacian Auxillary Big Grin lol:
[Image: DacianAux2-2.jpg]
Regards Brennivs Big Grin

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Robert Vermaat - 09-14-2010

Hi Adrian,
Quote:Here's a couple of shots taken at Segedunum recently..
Very nice!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Robert Vermaat - 09-14-2010

Hi Tony,
Quote:Here is me at Hardwick Hall as a Dacian Auxillary D
Good to see a picture of you! Big Grin Nice one!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - jvrjenivs - 09-14-2010

Very nice impression, Ade and Tony. Well done.

I certainly like your tunic, Ade and would love to have such a piece myself, but I think the Netherlands isn't ready for the use of such a piece, unfortunately.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Cheyenne - 09-14-2010

Quote:How are the decorations applied, incidently?

Hi there,

The Decorations are hand appliqued on to the wool. They were cut out using a template then hand stitch hemmed, then stitched by hand on to the tunic - the tunic then was joined together. There is about 24 hours worth of hand stitching on the tunic.

I actually really enjoyed making this tunic - and if anyone wants one, then I can do them to order for you. They are not cheap, but are accurate based upon the Simon James interpretation of the Terentius fresco

Thanks for taking the pic Adrian, if you don't mind - could I use this for my new website I am building as a portfolio example?

Cheers