RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - jkaler48 - 08-17-2010

We need some US Navy Seals to don both Hamatas and Segs and see if it is possible to swim in full gear. (Need safety divers on hand also) Also could test to see if the report of the Centurion swimming in two hamatas is possible also.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - P Sertorius Scaevola - 08-17-2010

Why not go for Dutch Marines; much more up to the task and less beefy so the hamatae actually fit. We could add inflated pig skins I guess, or indeed just use the bridge...

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Caballo - 08-17-2010

Quote:Why not go for Dutch Marines

Not to mention being (probably) genetically Batavian!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Paul Elliott - 08-18-2010

Florian, those winter shots are beautiful. Was it a great experience? Your 3rd century kit looks fantastic, particularly in a setting like that. Congratulations!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Paul Elliott - 08-18-2010

Crispus, a fine 3rd century impression. I used to be a member of the South Shield's group 'Quinta', and am always glad to see that period represented...

Quote:For something a little different to my normal appearance, here is a picture of me at Corbridge last year as a mid third century soldier. The gaesum is speculative but I happened to be holding it when the photo was taken. Mostly I had been demonstrating either with the spear behind me or the quiver of lanciae which I am wearing in the photo but which is hidden by the shield (the heads are visible by my shoulder). As you can see, the helmet belongs to someone else so the padding was not a particularly good fit for me.

[Image: CrispvsC3edit.jpg]

Crispvs

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Crispvs - 08-18-2010

Thanks Paul.

What happened to Mithras, by the way?

Crispvs

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Rhun - 08-18-2010

Great third-century kit, Paul. I am taking good care of your old Niederbieber with its lovely patina. I also kept the lining.
Cheers,
David (Rhun)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Robert Vermaat - 08-30-2010

A guard watching the rain - not a German in sight. I guess a guard could become very bored quite easily.
I love my new subarmalis - a great way to remain warm and still be in uniform.
[Image: DSC03052.jpg]

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Goffredo - 08-30-2010

cup glass or plastic?

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Robert Vermaat - 08-30-2010

Glass of course! Big Grin

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Virilis - 08-30-2010

Quote:Glass of course! Big Grin

Wow, I must have one too Big Grin !

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Goffredo - 08-31-2010

I had no doubt is was glass. I was just being annoying. In truth your work is GREAT!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - texascavtrooper - 08-31-2010

OK guys here's a pic of my immpression. this was taken after the capture of one of the cities.:twisted:
It was a tough job but someone had to take care of the slaves!!!!!!!! :lol: Tongue twisted: 8)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 08-31-2010

Hey, awesome impressions......... Tongue

Tell me this isn't the event you inited me too!!! Confusedhock: :lol:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Caballo - 08-31-2010

Is that a pugio in your tunic or are you just pleased to see her? :wink: