RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Virilis - 11-23-2009

Looks great, Jurjen Big Grin wink: ...

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Folkert van Wijk - 11-23-2009

I also don't know much about Late Romans, but must agree it looks perfect..

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 11-23-2009

Quote:I see the jealous looks of the Roman officer in the shop behind you....

Those were the days........ displaying in the Biblical Open Air Museum and raiding its shop.........

great location!

great clothes!

M.VIB.M.
Yeah, I think Jurjen is lucky his skateboard has lost it's wheels, or he would probably roll down and make off with the cloak in a hit and run raid!!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Paulus Claudius Damianus - 11-25-2009

Great impression!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - JP Vieira - 12-01-2009

Quote:[Image: LR2.jpg]

Great impression Smile

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Peroni - 12-04-2009

Yes, it does look really good.

Do you know anyone who could Photoshop out the garbage bin in the first photo? :wink:

Comparing the tunic to the Piazza Amerina mosaics, these new tunics that you and Robert have do seem a little long. Are they made to an original find of this size?

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - jvrjenivs - 12-04-2009

Yes, I second that it is a bit long. About the photoshopping I should ask Robert or Folkert van Wijk. They can do such a job. Big Grin Anyway, as far as I understand these are indeed the measurements of an original piece. See for more info Christians marketplace (the sneakpeak discussion). Anyway, I'm happy with this so far, but still some improvements in my mind.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - King Louise Assurbanipal - 12-07-2009

[Image: e4a105ffed.jpg]

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS - 12-07-2009

Great looking helmet !!!

M.VIB.M.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - L_CORNELIUS_CETHEGUS - 12-08-2009

Quote:Do you know anyone who could Photoshop out the garbage bin in the first photo? :wink:

A great impression! Deserving better than my photoshop skills but here's a shot at it Smile

[attachment=0:1z7myxk9]<!-- ia0 jurgen-retouch.jpg<!-- ia0 [/attachment:1z7myxk9]

--Kelsey

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - M. Demetrius - 12-08-2009

Oh great. Now where will we put the trash?? :lol:

Good photoshopping. If you didn't know where the bin had been, you'd never even think of it.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - jvrjenivs - 12-08-2009

wow. Many thanks. Now that picture is even better. Now someone only have to photoshop that skateboard roman in the background away Big Grin
Anyway, Laudes added!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Peroni - 12-08-2009

Great Photoshopping!

It's a great photo showing some very good clothing and equipment. New version now saved!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 12-08-2009

Quote:wow. Many thanks. Now that picture is even better. Now someone only have to photoshop that skateboard roman in the background away Big Grin
Anyway, Laudes added!

Awe, he looks great too! Just need to remove his skate board! :lol:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Graham Sumner - 12-09-2009

Quote:Comparing the tunic to the Piazza Amerina mosaics, these new tunics that you and Robert have do seem a little long. Are they made to an original find of this size?

The problem is that even if you do base a tunic on an original specimen, we do not always know the size or build of the original owner. They might not have been male and possibly not military either! However in the case of Jurjen's tunic the length actually corresponds to some of the apparently male military tunics shown on the Luxor fresco. However I might have issues myself with what appears to be excess bulk around the waist, (hopefully not you Jurjen) and those wide cuffs. However as these are observations based mainly on Roman artwork then maybe Christian will probably disagree! :wink:

Otherwise I like the impression and the location brings back memories too.

MVM are you reconstructing your assault on the Archeon statue in your picture!!!

Graham.