RomanArmyTalk
Reputation rating. - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Reputation rating. (/showthread.php?tid=25458)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Reputation rating. - Gunthamund Hasding - 04-12-2016

I would suggest to put a comment at least this shows if someone is looking at the rating

RE: Reputation rating. - Michael Kerr - 04-12-2016

The positive rating option seems to have been disabled for users around mid March but it seems admins still have the option. Was there an upgrade to the system around this time perhaps. Huh
Regards
Michael Kerr

RE: Reputation rating. - Fabricius Carbo - 06-29-2016

Still just getting Neutral option

RE: Reputation rating. - Renatus - 06-29-2016

Does anyone know the reason for this problem and is anything being done about it?

RE: Reputation rating. - ParthianBow - 06-29-2016

I haven't been able to leave a rating other than neutral for months either.

RE: Reputation rating. - Robert Vermaat - 07-01-2016

Tell a mod and they will do it for you?

RE: Reputation rating. - Alanus - 07-26-2016

Hello, Robert

As you know, about 2 or 3 months ago my rating system rolled back to "neutral" only, a "positive" no longer an option. Today, I tried rating a fellow poster (even if it would show up as neutral only). A box popped up on my screen, saying, "You do not have permission to rate a user." Oh? Have I done something wrong? Am I "Blacklisted" here on RAT? Or Is the Rating System Phenomenally Screwed-Up... or What! Angry

RE: Reputation rating. - Praefectusclassis - 07-26-2016

There's an upgrade available for the forum software which will hopefully fix the issue. It's something to be done carefully though, so I have to find the time for doing it.

RE: Reputation rating. - Alanus - 07-26-2016

Thanks for coming back on this issue, Jasper

I know you're a busy man, but all of us here admire what you do for us. When we lost the ability to post a "positive" rating, all members could no longer see our compatriot's "relative value," if you know what I mean. Then this latest glitch literally popped-up in a nasty little box. Whatever you can do will be appreciated by not just me, but all of us.

thank you Wink

RE: Reputation rating. - Nathan Ross - 09-20-2021

I notice that 'ratings' seem to have vanished again!

Was the system just proving to be too open to abuse? (if so, just getting rid of 'negative ratings' might have been an option, perhaps?)

RE: Reputation rating. - Robert Vermaat - 09-20-2021

We judged that the system was no longer adding to to this forum anymore.

RE: Reputation rating. - Praefectusclassis - 09-21-2021

Positive ratings only is an option. If people enjoy that, I could certainly enable that option.

RE: Reputation rating. - Renatus - 09-21-2021

(09-21-2021, 07:31 AM)Praefectusclassis Wrote: Positive ratings only is an option. If people enjoy that, I could certainly enable that option.

If you do, do we start from zero again?

RE: Reputation rating. - Nathan Ross - 09-21-2021

(09-21-2021, 07:31 AM)Praefectusclassis Wrote: Positive ratings only is an option.

I coud never see the point of the 'negative ratings' option actually - it seemed actively to encourage snarkiness and antagonism.

Some sort of feature to thank people for useful or informative posts and comments would be good, though, if it could be easily introduced.

RE: Reputation rating. - Crispianus - 09-21-2021

(09-21-2021, 09:55 AM)Nathan Ross Wrote:
(09-21-2021, 07:31 AM)Praefectusclassis Wrote: Positive ratings only is an option.

I coud never see the point of the 'negative ratings' option actually - it seemed actively to encourage snarkiness and antagonism.

Some sort of feature to thank people for useful or informative posts and comments would be good, though, if it could be easily introduced.

I agree with Nathan...