RomanArmyTalk
Trouble posting images - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Trouble posting images (/showthread.php?tid=22252)

Pages: 1 2

Trouble posting images - Titus Marius Secundus - 11-14-2013

Admin, I am having trouble posting photos Sad

Trouble posting images - Flavivs Aetivs - 11-14-2013

Are you getting an error message?

How are you inserting the Photos?

yes, a 404 or 505 or something. I am using the Attachments area, where you click "Add File"

this is what it says "Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Trouble posting images - Flavivs Aetivs - 11-14-2013

The file may have been too large, have you tried uploading it to a secondary site and then copying and pasting the image location with [IMG] tags?

I reccomend Imgur personally.

Trouble posting images - Renatus - 06-15-2014

I have had the same problem as Fidelis Sam and received the same error message. This happened a few weeks ago. Today I successfully posted an image on another thread, so I thought that I would try to post the earlier images again. I got exactly the same response as before. Does anyone know the likely reason for this and how it can be corrected?

Trouble posting images - Renatus - 12-02-2014

I rather hoped that this problem might have been sorted out and so I tried posting my images again. No luck! I got the same error message as before. I tried sending a PM to Fidelis Sam to see if he had managed to solve the problem. I got the response that there was no user with that user name, even though his profile shows that he last visited the site yesterday. What is going on?

Trouble posting images - Robert Vermaat - 12-03-2014

I can't tell. I am not experiencing any problems with either the PM or posting images...

Trouble posting images - Flavivs Aetivs - 12-03-2014

I can't help you either, I have had absolutely no problems with the website. We need to get Jasper on here to figure it out.

Trouble posting images - Graham Sumner - 12-03-2014

Hi

I posted two pictures Monday with no problems. They were small jpegs however.

Graham.

Trouble posting images - Renatus - 12-03-2014

Quote:I am not experiencing any problems with either the PM or posting images...
Normally I don't either. It's these two images (which are not overly large, in fact smaller than some others I have posted) that are causing trouble and Fidelis Sam seems to have been declared a non-person. I wonder if he knows!

Trouble posting images - Robert Vermaat - 12-04-2014

Quote:Fidelis Sam seems to have been declared a non-person. I wonder if he knows!

non-person??
If I go to Search and enter Fidelis under 'Search by username' I find all his posts.
And his profile is also still here.

Trouble posting images - Renatus - 12-04-2014

Quote:non-person??
If I go to Search and enter Fidelis under 'Search by username' I find all his posts.
And his profile is also still here.
Yes, but if you try to send him a PM using the bubble on his profile, you are told that there is no user with that username.

Trouble posting images - Robert Vermaat - 12-05-2014

Quote:Yes, but if you try to send him a PM using the bubble on his profile, you are told that there is no user with that username.

Indeed. How strange. Jasper????

[attachment=11250]fidelis.jpg[/attachment]

Trouble posting images - Flavivs Aetivs - 12-06-2014

His Display name (Fidelis Sam) doesn't work but his username does. But I don't know if normal members can see his username so I won't post it here.