RomanArmyTalk
Concesti helmet - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Concesti helmet (/showthread.php?tid=2170)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Concesti helmet - Gaius Julius Caesar - 12-07-2009

Of course, the 1st Century Army set the standards for the laters to (try) to live up to! :mrgreen:

Re: Concesti helmet - M. Demetrius - 12-07-2009

Really great metalwork! You said it was "covered in brass", does that mean like electro- or dip plating, or some other process? Curious about the screw. Is that temporary? Either way, most excellent work.

Re: Concesti helmet - Olaf - 12-07-2009

Looing good.
A brass cover is nothing to worry about I guess, since the orignial would habe been in gilded silver, which would look pretty similar.
Though I also someimes dream about a Spangenhelm with gold sheet covering.

Re: Concesti helmet - Gaius Julius Caesar - 12-07-2009

Well, there is that polish which leaces a silver plating on copper alloys!
Certainly a cheaper alternative than siver sheeting. The stuff Tarbicus came up with.

Re: Concesti helmet - Agraes - 12-07-2009

Beautiful reproduction. I'm also looking to get a Concesti helmet as my next late roman helmet.

Re: Concesti helmet - John Conyard - 12-17-2009

All finished.[attachment=0:qx9zfz8f]<!-- ia0 CONCESTI 1.JPG<!-- ia0 [/attachment:qx9zfz8f]

Re: Concesti helmet - Gaius Julius Caesar - 12-17-2009

Nice Work again John. Are these available to us other plebs? Smile

Re: Concesti helmet - John Conyard - 12-18-2009

Go to the market place section and talk to Cezar, who sees Comitatus as an advertising tool Big Grin He willbe able to give you the correct prices etc.

But, and it's a big but, don't just put these helmets on a shelf. They deserve to be used. Get yourself a horse and kill something. :twisted:

Re: Concesti helmet - Nieczar - 12-19-2009

JUST PERFECT Big Grin

...I'm little bit jealous :twisted:

Re: Concesti helmet - Gaius Julius Caesar - 12-21-2009

Quote:Go to the market place section and talk to Cezar, who sees Comitatus as an advertising tool Big Grin He willbe able to give you the correct prices etc.

But, and it's a big but, don't just put these helmets on a shelf. They deserve to be used. Get yourself a horse and kill something. :twisted:

Whats a shelf? :? Time for every thing, still waiting on a Gallic I, then possibly will get one of these!
As for the horse, oddly, I was dreaming about riding one the other night.....now if I can manage to be half as amazing as in that dream :roll: I'll be doing something :lol:

Re: Concesti helmet - Robert Vermaat - 12-25-2009

Quote:All finished.
John, that is one OUTSTANDING helmet. Congratulations!!

Re: Concesti helmet - Virilis - 01-24-2010

John, is it possible to see more photos of this great helmet? Where did you get the model for the nose-guard, I think I have seen it somewhere but can`t remember where....