RomanArmyTalk
Show your Roman artwork - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show your Roman artwork (/showthread.php?tid=20975)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Show your Roman artwork - Jeremy Elkington - 03-30-2014

Hi all

Firstly, I wanted to say that this is a fantastic site! I've loved Ancient Rome, especially the Roman Army, since I was nine years old. Aside from being an emergency/fill-in teacher I am also an artist. Only in the last two years have I turned my focus in my paintings and drawings onto Ancient Rome. Desert landscapes have always featured in my painting and now I aim to highlight the grandiosity and ornamental quality of Roman art, architecture but, especially, Roman weapons and armour and place such elements within the epic desert landscapes.
The paintings shown here are all oil on canvas.
The first is titled "Glory?", 2012, 40x122cm.
The second is titled "His Divine Madness", 2013, 60x125cm.
The third is titled "Isolated Grandeur", 2013, 80 x 135cm.

I have to say that in respect to the use of colour I have been influenced lately by the art of Graham Sumner and the writings by Raffaele DÁmato. I definitely aim to portray Roman armour in an eclectic and colourful way!
I hope everyone likes these! I'll be sure to post some more work soon.
Cheers
Jeremy Elkington

Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 03-30-2014

Quote:I hope everyone likes these!

I do Smile

Show your Roman artwork - Flavivs Aetivs - 03-31-2014

I have something special in the works that I hope to put up tonight or tomorrow night. :wink:

Show your Roman artwork - Decebalus - 03-31-2014

Quote:Hi all

Firstly, I wanted to say that this is a fantastic site! I've loved Ancient Rome, especially the Roman Army, since I was nine years old. Aside from being an emergency/fill-in teacher I am also an artist. Only in the last two years have I turned my focus in my paintings and drawings onto Ancient Rome. Desert landscapes have always featured in my painting and now I aim to highlight the grandiosity and ornamental quality of Roman art, architecture but, especially, Roman weapons and armour and place such elements within the epic desert landscapes.
The paintings shown here are all oil on canvas.
The first is titled "Glory?", 2012, 40x122cm.
The second is titled "His Divine Madness", 2013, 60x125cm.
The third is titled "Isolated Grandeur", 2013, 80 x 135cm.

I have to say that in respect to the use of colour I have been influenced lately by the art of Graham Sumner and the writings by Raffaele DÁmato. I definitely aim to portray Roman armour in an eclectic and colourful way!
I hope everyone likes these! I'll be sure to post some more work soon.
Cheers
Jeremy Elkington

All painted? Wow!
Salvador Dali came into my mind.

Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 03-31-2014

Quote:Salvador Dali came into my mind.

Or maybe rather SALVADORVS DALVS Tongue

Show your Roman artwork - Flavivs Aetivs - 04-01-2014

"Forth from the steppes they came, carried by the Eastern winds! They spread like wildfire across the Scythian plain, leaving only desolation in their wake. Forward rush the Tongur! The Alpilcur trails behind. Like the steppe grass all men bow before the Ultinzur, who pours from the Asian wastes. They came forth with bows and lances, and the Alan crumbled before them. The Herul, the Bosporan, and the Goth all stood firm in their path, but Persian blades tore them asunder. They came down the Tyras, and into the land of the Daci, where they were welcomed with Thracian arms and Gallic gold. They cast a blight of terror across the Macedonian realm, and now they pour across the Rhine, leading the whole North into Gaul."

[Image: 9oKZZWN.jpg]

And yes, I have a creative flair for writing too.

Show your Roman artwork - Koyuncu - 04-01-2014

Ride them down like grass, Aetius! :lol:

Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 04-01-2014

I can't help but his horse looks very happy Confusedmile:

Show your Roman artwork - Flavivs Aetivs - 04-01-2014

I think it looks stoned. Big Grin

Show your Roman artwork - T. Flavius - 04-01-2014

At any rate, it's very cute! Big Grin

Had a boooooring conference today, so I did some designs for the cuirasses of the (Punic) protagonists of Darkness over Cannae.

[attachment=9481]wp_armour2.jpg[/attachment]

Just so I don't switch designs in mid-book...

Show your Roman artwork - Jeremy Elkington - 04-04-2014

Great little sketches! Smile

Show your Roman artwork - Jeremy Elkington - 04-04-2014

Here are some drawings that I produced in 2013.

Image 1: "Helmets of the Emperor", grey lead on paper, A3. 'Arms and Armour of the Imperial Roman Soldier' by Raffaele D'Amato and Graham Sumner really came in handy with photographic references.

Image 2: "The Medusa Touch", grey lead on paper, A3. This one I might turn into a painting. 'Roman Centurions 31 BC - AD 500 The Classical and Late Empire'by Raffaele D'Amato and illustrated by Giuseppe Rava was referenced for the centurion armour in the foreground.

Cheers

Jeremy Elkington

Show your Roman artwork - T. Flavius - 04-05-2014

Thank you, Jeremy! Very interesting artwork you have there - there is really something surreal to it. I like it.

Show your Roman artwork - Flavivs Aetivs - 04-05-2014

Makes me think 0f the melting cl0ck guy.

Show your Roman artwork - Jeremy Elkington - 04-06-2014

Cheers! I guess I've always had a bit of surrealist bent with my art! I try and make the arrangement of various elements interesting.