RomanArmyTalk
Show your Roman artwork - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show your Roman artwork (/showthread.php?tid=20975)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Show your Roman artwork - Graham Sumner - 10-11-2013

Sorry, what was that you said... one of the old crocs!! :wink:

Show your Roman artwork - Flavivs Aetivs - 10-11-2013

Got a new drawing coming soon, probably this monday.

Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 10-11-2013

Evan I believe you might have influenced another artist :wink:. Drawing is by Jozef Hudi:

Show your Roman artwork - Flavivs Aetivs - 10-11-2013

Indeed maybe I did. I just love to draw, I've done a lot of sci-fi drawings recently but haven't bothered to upload them.

Show your Roman artwork - Graham Sumner - 10-14-2013

Hi

Some information on my paintings and an exhibition in Preston can be found on the Manchester Museum Blog

http://ancientworldsmanchester.wordpress.com/tag/roman-archaeology/

Graham.

Show your Roman artwork - Flavivs Aetivs - 10-17-2013

My latest drawing:

Flavius Aetius, in [DEL]all his glory[/DEL] color.

This is my second and much better attempt to draw the "Last True Roman of the West."

[Image: lA822sD.jpg]

The skin came out a better color than last time, and I spent a week working on that stupid hand. Eventually I just put a sword in it.

Unfortunately the colored pencil messed up a lot of the detail in the tunic and cloak, I tried to salvage it to no avail. DAMN YOU PURPLE!!!

The shoes are a combination of ones from the Saint Maggiore Mosaic, Vindolanda, and a little influence from the much earlier Hod Hill.

Full Res on Deviantart.

Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 10-18-2013

Hm,considerable effort on details were put in this one and it is visible!

Show your Roman artwork - Robert Vermaat - 10-18-2013

Quote:My latest drawing:
Flavius Aetius, in [DEL]all his glory[/DEL] color.
This is my second and much better attempt to draw the "Last True Roman of the West."
The skin came out a better color than last time, and I spent a week working on that stupid hand. Eventually I just put a sword in it.
Unfortunately the colored pencil messed up a lot of the detail in the tunic and cloak, I tried to salvage it to no avail. DAMN YOU PURPLE!!!
The shoes are a combination of ones from the Saint Maggiore Mosaic, Vindolanda, and a little influence from the much earlier Hod Hill.
Full Res on Deviantart.

Nice one Even. I like the fibula, with the big jewel.

Show your Roman artwork - Flavivs Aetivs - 10-18-2013

The fibula is based on a 5th century find in Rzezow, Poland.

Show your Roman artwork - Graham Sumner - 10-18-2013

Hi

You might like this illustration of mine from the recent book in the Roman Conquests series on North Africa by Nic Fields.

Hardcover: 176 pages
Publisher: Pen & Sword Military (30 Sep 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1844159701
ISBN-13: 978-1844159703

Graham.

Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 10-18-2013

Indeed, we really might like it Big Grin :woot: Big Grin !

Show your Roman artwork - Flavivs Aetivs - 10-18-2013

Great stuff as usual Graham!

Right now I'm working on some Sci-Fi drawings, I've always had concepts for my own (extraordinarily realistic) sci-fi universe. Anyways, I probably won't be doing some Roman works for a while.

Show your Roman artwork - Graham Sumner - 10-19-2013

Hi Evan

Why don't you post your Sci-fi images in the Off topic section. I like Sci-fi too and have often thought of painting something along those lines.

Graham.

Show your Roman artwork - Flavivs Aetivs - 10-19-2013

Would be a good idea to have a general "Show your artwork" thread. I really need to sticky this one.

Show your Roman artwork - Jori - 10-20-2013

I'm trying to improve my digital paintings at the moment.
Here's what I've done these days.

It is a new legionary, training with a rudis. He's not good at it, for now...

Like the others I've posted on this thread, this is part of a series of pictures explaining how it was to be in Roman Army.