RomanArmyTalk
Show your Roman artwork - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show your Roman artwork (/showthread.php?tid=20975)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Re: Show your Roman artwork - Robert Vermaat - 06-29-2012

Quote:
Marc Byrne post=315488 Wrote:Superb work Pavel, shows real talent.
You ignore all these Ist-2nd Century types and stick to the far more interesting and less well represented late Roman stuff :wink:
I agree :twisted: !
Me too! You early types get plenty of attention already!! :mrgreen:

Re: Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 06-29-2012

[/quote]Great artwork Pavel! 'Photos of various reenactors'.. mm, do I recognise myself in there? Big Grin[/quote]

Yes,you do Big Grin .The figure with the shield of VICTORES regiment.It's actually the first and oldest image of reenactor that I did.I often change something from the original photo but it does not mean that I don't like original vision of my model.I love fectio's reconstructions!I'm happy you like it.

Re: Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 06-29-2012

Quote:
Pavel AMELIANVS post=315317 Wrote:If there's -share your Greek artwork topic-I think there should be also a roman one!I really love painted reconstructions and of course I admire the work of people such as Peter Connolly and Graham Sumner(to name just some).But to me it is not enough so I try to paint it even myself, for which purpose I often use photos of various reenactors.
Great artwork Pavel! 'Photos of various reenactors'.. mm, do I recognise myself in there? Big Grin

Yes,you do Big Grin .The figure with the shield of VICTORES regiment.It's actually the first and oldest image of reenactor that I did.I often change something from the original photo but it does not mean that I don't like original vision of my model.I love fectio's reconstructions!I'm happy you like it.

Re: Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 08-07-2012

This should represent clash between forces of Usurper Constantine III and loyalist forces of general Stilicho and emperor Honorius in Gaul 407/408.

Re: Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 08-07-2012

[attachment=4823]bitva2.jpg[/attachment]
This should represent clash between forces of Usurper Constantine III and loyalist forces of general Stilicho and emperor Honorius in Gaul 407/408.

Re: Show your Roman artwork - Robert Vermaat - 08-07-2012

Quote:This should represent clash between forces of Usurper Constantine III and loyalist forces of general Stilicho and emperor Honorius in Gaul 407/408.
That's very good!! perhaps too plumy but why not!!

Re: Show your Roman artwork - tiberius aemilius naso - 08-07-2012

That's awesome, Pavel!

Re: Show your Roman artwork - Semisalis Abruna - 08-07-2012

Great paintings, Pavel, especially the combat one Big Grin

Re: Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 08-08-2012

Robert:well,I like it this way.Thanks for your little feedback critique Smile

Eduardo:I'm very happy that someone like it!

Nick:Thanks,I'm just a beginner but very passionate and devoted for this theme.

Re: Show your Roman artwork - Charlie - 08-08-2012

Nice piece again Pavel.....love the vibrant colours.

Re: Show your Roman artwork - Gaius Julius Caesar - 08-08-2012

Nice work again Pavel. I think I see me in there.. Wink

Robert, lates get as much if not more than any otherera...quite whining! :mrgreen:

Re: Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 08-09-2012

Quote:Nice piece again Pavel.....love the vibrant colours.

Thank you,I really appreciate the compliment from skillful artist as you are.These vibrant colors are,to be honest,result of my inexperience in using them.Personally I would like to have it in much more mild color feel...for the time being my colors look somewhat poisonous I think.

Re: Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 08-09-2012

Quote:Nice work again Pavel. I think I see me in there.. Wink

Robert, lates get as much if not more than any otherera...quite whining! :mrgreen:

That is quite possible,I've used as my base photo from some late roman battle event,probably of comitatus group.

now apart from later era I want to do scene from batavian rebellion with those most classic imperial legionaries and a scene from siege of Amida in 359 as discribed by Ammianus ;-)

Re: Show your Roman artwork - Robert Vermaat - 08-09-2012

Quote:Robert, lates get as much if not more than any otherera...quite whining! :mrgreen:
NOT! The principate boys are always first. We lates get in there (more than republican types that's for sure) but we have to use our elbows! :mrgreen:

Thanks Pavel!!

Re: Show your Roman artwork - Robert Vermaat - 08-09-2012

Quote:That is quite possible,I've used as my base photo from some late roman battle event,probably of comitatus group.
Judging by the shields and the pose, my guess would be Britannia!