RomanArmyTalk
Show your Roman artwork - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show your Roman artwork (/showthread.php?tid=20975)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Show your Roman artwork - Flavivs Aetivs - 08-05-2013

I might have some old ones to post. I'd have to find them first, cause they're on my flashdrive and I can't find it.

Good work though.

Show your Roman artwork - Longovicium - 08-05-2013

Great work - I especially like the last one. There is a stylization to it that seems to fit the period as it shifts from a Classical to a Late Empire one.

Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 08-06-2013

Quote:Great work - I especially like the last one. There is a stylization to it that seems to fit the period as it shifts from a Classical to a Late Empire one.

The last one is part of my old ambition to recreate scenes from the Arch of Galerius chronicling his Persian campaigns,and I still have this in mind,maybe in the future I'll return to that idea.

Apart from Angus Mcbride,I also found old comics of mine:Unfinished short story about of Farhad and Shirin one of the stories of the famous Persian tragic romance and in that region still popular cycle of Khosrau and Shirine who sheds some light on what is the origin of Sassanian munumental rock carvings.Again it is "very"old work,I wanted those characters look like puppets and make the environment in a very distinctive shining colors.
One day I would like to return to this theme in the new totally different style comics and mainly try to make it as a short puppet animated movie Smile.

continuation:

Show your Roman artwork - Flavivs Aetivs - 08-11-2013

So I have a couple of images I plan to scan and show here tomorrow.

The original drawing of Flavius Aetius I did was lost (in Real Life and on my Flashdrive) so I am working on a new one, which I will finish tonight. The other one will display me in the re-enacting gear I intend to buy/already have.

Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 09-02-2013

I made this one on the basis of this photo,but I dont know those reenactors or author of the photo so I cant thank them personally.If you are one of them-Thanks!You were of much assistance to me Smile :

Show your Roman artwork - Flavivs Aetivs - 09-02-2013

Awesome work Pavel!

Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 09-03-2013

Thank you very much Evan Smile

Show your Roman artwork - jvrjenivs - 09-03-2013

Quote:I made this one on the basis of this photo,but I dont know those reenactors or author of the photo so I cant thank them personally.If you are one of them-Thanks!You were of much assistance to me Smile :

Those are people from the German 'Contubernium primum' group. I'm just outside the picture, with the Dura leather leg guards.

Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 09-03-2013

Oh sorry...maybe you will get into some painting next time Big Grin

Show your Roman artwork - Flavivs Aetivs - 09-12-2013

This is one I said I'd post a while ago, and I decided to color it in. Yes the skin is a little funky of a color.

Behold: A miles of the Placidi Valentiniani Felices Iuniores!

[attachment=7953]IMG.jpg[/attachment]

Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 09-17-2013

Just encountered with this on DA.Well I especially like those bright colors and yellow tunic Confusedmile: .

Show your Roman artwork - Reno Melitensis - 09-23-2013

I have been a member of this fora for a while now, and had read many threads, but this one caught my imagination. Many nice drawings and a bravo to all. I noticed that Diocle frequents this fora too with the Magister. I am a great enthusiast of the late Roman army during the days of Aetius up to Belisarius. I am a developer for the mod Invasio Barbarorum II, and my user name on TWC is Reno Melitensis.

But I was wandering, we have many information about the appearance of the Comitatensis, Auxillia and Palatina Legions during this time in history, but having seen those Hunnic Bucellari that actually looked like Langobards ( as someome mentioned), how did nomadic Hunns in service of the greatest Roman general of his time, dressed and equipped themselves, a mixture of both cultures would be the best possible answer. A good restoration would solve this dilemma. It would be great to include a historical acurate Hunnic Bucellari for Aetius in IB II mods.

Cheers.

Show your Roman artwork - Flavivs Aetivs - 09-23-2013

That's an excellent question.

We don't know much about the Huns - finds from the Era of Attila the Hun showed they wore Berkasova-style helmets with a Base Ring, a perfect example actually found in a Hunnicn Context being the Concesti.

We think they wore metal lamellae, and its recorded that they wore bone lamellae. They might also have worn leather lamellae.

All in all, they would have mostly been light horse archers, using lance-and-bow warfare (and Ammianus records them closing with swords too).

Here are some excellent images that represent Huns rather well.