RomanArmyTalk
Good news for European buyers..... - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Good news for European buyers..... (/showthread.php?tid=19276)

Good news for European buyers..... - MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS - 08-01-2011

300.00 USD = 207.859 EUR

WOW !!!

Though for sellers from the EU its not that good...

M.VIB.M.

Re: Good news for European buyers..... - Sean Manning - 08-01-2011

Doesn't a Euro usually buy $1.30 to $1.45 US? I'm still getting used to the CAD and USD being around par, rather than a 3:2 ratio like they were in the 1990s. A Canadian acquaintance who works for a US company and is paid in USD is still adjusting Sad

Re: Good news for European buyers..... - MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS - 08-01-2011

I use Xe currency converter which uses live mid market rates.

M.VIB.M.

Re: Good news for European buyers..... - M. Demetrius - 08-01-2011

I have not followed the exchange rates. Is the US Dollar up or down compared to the Euro lately?

Re: Good news for European buyers..... - Sean Manning - 08-01-2011

My point is, isn't that within the usual range for the past two years? One currency exchange site says that the ratio has ranged from 1.35-1.48 USD per Euro in the past six months.

Re: Good news for European buyers..... - Jona Lendering - 08-08-2011

They have finally solved all financial problems, you can read it here. It's in the press, so it is true.

Re: Good news for European buyers..... - Simplex - 08-11-2011

:mrgreen: :!:

Re: Good news for European buyers..... - M. Demetrius - 08-11-2011

I'm thinking the world monetary system is going to get pretty scary before it stabilizes.

Re: Good news for European buyers..... - Jona Lendering - 08-11-2011

Quote:I'm thinking the world monetary system is going to get pretty scary before it stabilizes.
It's worse David. Markets are never stable. Crises are part of parcel of the system, and when the system becomes more complex, the disturbances become bigger. We have, at some point after the Cold War, passed a kind of threshold, where the system starts to destroy itself.

There's been a Nobel Award for the mathematics that proves it, in 2004 or so.

Re: Good news for European buyers..... - MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS - 08-11-2011

The world is in tatters and it will get worse.

Re: Good news for European buyers..... - M. Demetrius - 08-11-2011

A house built on sand does not fare well in a flood.

Re: Good news for European buyers..... - Titus Marius Secundus - 08-11-2011

but the house built on a rock foundation on a little hill fought the winds and the rains that brought floods, and was safe. :lol:

I think some major changes have to be made in order for people to be happy again, any ideas what we can fool them with to make them happy again? Wink money money moooooooney :mrgreen:

Sam

Re: Good news for European buyers..... - Titus Marius Secundus - 08-11-2011

I remember when I was little I hated the term, " money makes the world go round" ...I insisted hard work did, but turns out money does for some people, and welfare does for others.... Tongue

Sam

Re: Good news for European buyers..... - Sean Manning - 08-11-2011

Quote:They have finally solved all financial problems, you can read it here. It's in the press, so it is true.
I wish I was sure that what governments are actually doing was any more rational! I get the impression that the experts don't understand as much about currencies as they thought they did in 2007 (or if they do understand, they can't do what they want to do because of political factors).