RomanArmyTalk
Filming a Gladiator movie, Jun e 4 and 5, 2011 - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Events (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Filming a Gladiator movie, Jun e 4 and 5, 2011 (/showthread.php?tid=18939)

Pages: 1 2 3

Filming a Gladiator movie, Jun e 4 and 5, 2011 - Robert Vermaat - 06-05-2011

Not a public event, but a nice one nonetheless. Soldiers and civilians from Leg. X Gemina, Ala Batavorum, Corbvlo and Fectio meet at the still closed Museumpark oriƫntalis (MPO), to film a short movie about a gladiator (our fellow member Jurjen). The movie will be produced by Marc sanders and Phalera Filmworks.

161 images from the saturday:
My photobucket album

The museum has been closed for 2 years now, and grass is beginning to grow in a lot of places. But the buildings aling the Via Oriƫntalis are still in good shape.
[Image: IMG_0815.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0803.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0812.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0831.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0829.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0860.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0901.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0903.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0944.jpg]

Re: Filming a Gladiator movie, Jun e 4 and 5, 2011 - agrimensor - 06-05-2011

nice pics Robert, manamana. :wink: Big Grin see you next time

Re: Filming a Gladiator movie, Jun e 4 and 5, 2011 - Zeuxippos - 06-06-2011

Will this video be posted to the internet? I'd love to watch it.

Re: Filming a Gladiator movie, Jun e 4 and 5, 2011 - jvrjenivs - 06-06-2011

Quote:Will this video be posted to the internet? I'd love to watch it.

Well, I'm totally tired, but it was worth every effort. We were unable to film all scenes this weekend, so we still need to do another day of filming, and everything has to be made into the final movie, of course. So, it will take some time, but I'm sure you're all going to see (at least some parts of) the final result.

Re: Filming a Gladiator movie, Jun e 4 and 5, 2011 - jvrjenivs - 06-06-2011

And some pictures of Sunday, thanks to Juan van der Roest.

[Image: training.jpg]

[Image: palus1.jpg]

[Image: gladiatoren.jpg]

[Image: gladiator1.jpg]

[Image: eed.jpg]

Re: Filming a Gladiator movie, Jun e 4 and 5, 2011 - jvrjenivs - 06-09-2011

Well, let me present the first previews. The first screenshots from the movie Big Grin Enjoy!

[Image: olga3.png]

[Image: vlucht1.png]

[Image: markt.png]

[Image: slaafVerkoop.png]

[Image: olga1.png]

Re: Filming a Gladiator movie, Jun e 4 and 5, 2011 - MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS - 06-09-2011

Please do not call it a movie because it is not.
It is a dramatised documentary or a short.

A movie is a full feature, a short is a short.

The photos look great, that is for sure, but lets wait for the outcome of the shots, the editing, commentary if any, and music before judging.

M.VIB.M.

Re: Filming a Gladiator movie, Jun e 4 and 5, 2011 - Robert Vermaat - 06-09-2011

Quote: Please do not call it a movie because it is not. It is a dramatised documentary or a short.
A movie is a full feature, a short is a short.
It's a movie HJ. It may be a short movie or a documentary, but it's still a movie.
Definition of a movie:
Quote:A film, also called a movie or motion picture, is a series of still or moving images. It is produced by recording photographic images with cameras, or by creating images using animation techniques or visual effects.

Quote:The photos look great, that is for sure, but lets wait for the outcome of the shots, the editing, commentary if any, and music before judging.
Do I detect a hint of :mrgreen: envy HJ? You weren't there last weekend, I think? :twisted:

Great pictures Jurjen! I can smell your fear while you run and hide from the cavalry.. Big Grin

Re: Filming a Gladiator movie, Jun e 4 and 5, 2011 - John Conyard - 06-09-2011

Blimey, filming envy in re-enactment! Things must be bad :lol:

Re: Filming a Gladiator movie, Jun e 4 and 5, 2011 - agrimensor - 06-09-2011

not only Jurjens fear but the horsedoeng in the marketscene too Wink for those who were there.

Re: Filming a Gladiator movie, Jun e 4 and 5, 2011 - MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS - 06-09-2011

Quote:Do I detect a hint of :mrgreen: envy HJ? You weren't there last weekend, I think? :twisted:

Not at all envious, i could not make it because i have to get my grades in order to start the University Teachers course in August.

M.VIB.M.

Re: Filming a Gladiator movie, Jun e 4 and 5, 2011 - Robert Vermaat - 06-09-2011

Quote:
Vortigern Studies post=289785 Wrote:Do I detect a hint of :mrgreen: envy HJ? You weren't there last weekend, I think? :twisted:
Not at all envious, i could not make it because i have to get my grades in order to start the University Teachers course in August.
yep, too bad, I would have loved to see you there. But you got your grades, yes?

The Propaedeutical grades i all have now, but there still are a few grades of the second year to be announced apart from an exam about the Severan period the 23rd of June which i also will manage quite well xD ...
And then its off to the third Ba and teachers course year and then... finding a teaching job, doing my masters and getting the second part of the teaching permit, the first grade one... Silly overly bureaucratic country of ours..

I would have liked to be there in my Toga Praetexta as an arrogant Vir Clarissimus... checking out the merchandise in the Ludus.... xD

M.VIB.M.

Re: Filming a Gladiator movie, Jun e 4 and 5, 2011 - jvrjenivs - 06-09-2011

Quote:I can smell your fear while you run and hide from the cavalry.. Big Grin

Well, it wasn't my lovely horse who I was fearing. Problem was Olga who was riding her, I didn't trust... I know Banana wouldn't hurt me, but Olga... well, I don't trust...

Re: Filming a Gladiator movie, Jun e 4 and 5, 2011 - BlackLamb - 06-09-2011

Quote:Well, it wasn't my lovely horse who I was fearing. Problem was Olga who was riding her, I didn't trust... I know Banana wouldn't hurt me, but Olga... well, I don't trust...

8) Well dear Jurjen...of course i won't use beautifull Banana to get rid off my
''little problems'' :twisted: