RomanArmyTalk
Living Frontier, Hadrians Wall, Tues 26th - Sun 31st May - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Events (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Living Frontier, Hadrians Wall, Tues 26th - Sun 31st May (/showthread.php?tid=15061)

Living Frontier, Hadrians Wall, Tues 26th - Sun 31st May - John Conyard - 04-29-2009

I'm sure many of us will be at the Living Frontier Event at the end of May. Details are now on the website

http://www.livingfrontier.com:80/

Comitatus will start arriving at Vindolanda from the Wednesday, and look forward to meeting many RATers there.

Re: Living Frontier, Hadrians Wall, Tues 26th - Sun 31st May - jvrjenivs - 04-29-2009

I'll be at Corbridge with the Gemina Project and I'll arrive at the Wall area on sunday. (will spend some more days before in the UK visiting London, Chester and York.)

Re: Living Frontier, Hadrians Wall, Tues 26th - Sun 31st May - Gaius Julius Caesar - 04-29-2009

Funny, the RMRS are supposed to be at Corbridge the end of may yet we arn't on the billing.
Odd that! :?

Re: Living Frontier, Hadrians Wall, Tues 26th - Sun 31st May - John Conyard - 04-29-2009

I've seen details of your trip and would enjoy showing you York for a few days, but the week before this event Comitatus are garisoning Bamburgh Castle in Northumberland. It's a sort of half term holiday!

Re: Living Frontier, Hadrians Wall, Tues 26th - Sun 31st May - Graham Sumner - 04-30-2009

Quote:I'm sure many of us will be at the Living Frontier Event at the end of May. Details are now on the website

http://www.livingfrontier.com:80/

Comitatus will start arriving at Vindolanda from the Wednesday, and look forward to meeting many RATers there.

I am one of the 'archaeological illustrators' at the Vindolanda event. So see you there John and any other RATers who pay a visit.

Graham.

Re: Living Frontier, Hadrians Wall, Tues 26th - Sun 31st May - John Conyard - 04-30-2009

I did wonder if you were "Hugh Jart".........

I've a corner of a very large awning still reserved for you Graham. Are you staying over on the site? They'll be food and BBQ's and real ale etc etc.

Looking forward to seeing you again,

John

Re: Living Frontier, Hadrians Wall, Tues 26th - Sun 31st May - John Conyard - 06-01-2009

Graham, Byron and myself at a very busy Vindolanda during the Festival.

[attachment=0:naxzd4f3]<!-- ia0 CIMG5293.jpg<!-- ia0 [/attachment:naxzd4f3]

Re: Living Frontier, Hadrians Wall, Tues 26th - Sun 31st May - fasta - 06-01-2009

It was a warm weekend.Hope everyone had good a show. Smile

Re: Living Frontier, Hadrians Wall, Tues 26th - Sun 31st May - Graham Sumner - 06-02-2009

The event at Vindolanda went really well. The weather was fantastic but I was pleased I was not wearing armour. Some of the soldiers looked cooked! Talk about boiled lobster!

I had a number of copies of the new book all of which were sold.

Graham.

Re: Living Frontier, Hadrians Wall, Tues 26th - Sun 31st May - Gaius Julius Caesar - 06-05-2009

It was good to meet you and John finally Graham.
I am still waiting on both your books from Amazon though. The ystill have a delayed delivery tag next to the Arms and Armour book?
I guess I had forgotten to order the military clothing one...now remedied.

And yes, the weather was unbelievable, especially after the last couple of years!

Re: Living Frontier, Hadrians Wall, Tues 26th - Sun 31st May - Graham Sumner - 06-05-2009

Quote:It was good to meet you and John finally Graham.
I am still waiting on both your books from Amazon though. The ystill have a delayed delivery tag next to the Arms and Armour book?
I guess I had forgotten to order the military clothing one...now remedied.

Good to meet you too Byron, yet another RAT member who looks nothing like their Avatar,.....Jurjenius!

I hope you enjoy the books, any problems getting them let me know. A very pleasant few days spent at Vindolanda. I managed to find one of the few shaded spots under a tree outside the West gate, although it was windy on the Saturday and so learnt that a painting could fly!

Graham.

Re: Living Frontier, Hadrians Wall, Tues 26th - Sun 31st May - Gaius Julius Caesar - 06-06-2009

Looking forward to seeing your completed paintings sometime,,,the one was very interesting for sure!

Re: Living Frontier, Hadrians Wall, Tues 26th - Sun 31st May - John Conyard - 06-06-2009

It was certainly a great weekend all along the Wall. We were busy filming a 410 documentary, doing various photo shoots and enjoying the shows. These are some of my favourite pictures, some of them taken by Graham.

[attachment=1:22sclli2]<!-- ia1 DSC_0082.JPG<!-- ia1 [/attachment:22sclli2]

[attachment=2:22sclli2]<!-- ia2 _MG_4315.jpg<!-- ia2 [/attachment:22sclli2]

[attachment=0:22sclli2]<!-- ia0 DSC_0281.JPG<!-- ia0 [/attachment:22sclli2]

Re: Living Frontier, Hadrians Wall, Tues 26th - Sun 31st May - Gaius Julius Caesar - 06-06-2009

Very distinguished family it is too John!

I have a few shots of your lot in action, but will need to download them when I return home in 3 weeks.