RomanArmyTalk
Légionnaires, auxiliaires et fédérés sous le Bas-Empire - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Research Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: References & Reviews (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Légionnaires, auxiliaires et fédérés sous le Bas-Empire (/showthread.php?tid=14786)

Pages: 1 2

Légionnaires, auxiliaires et fédérés sous le Bas-Empire - Agraes - 03-13-2009

[Image: File1804.jpg]
Out today, editions errances, written by François Gilbert and our friend Alain Alexandra from the Foederati.

You can recognise several faces on the front cover!

Re: Légionnaires, auxiliaires et fédérés sous le Bas-Empire - Robert Vermaat - 03-14-2009

Where can I buy it? A must have book!!!! :!: :!: :!:

Re: Légionnaires, auxiliaires et fédérés sous le Bas-Empire - Agraes - 03-14-2009

I guess it's going to be available on amazon.fr in the following days/weeks, otherwise just ask Alain he already have some exempleries and you will get a dedicace :wink:

Re: Légionnaires, auxiliaires et fédérés sous le Bas-Empire - Robert Vermaat - 03-14-2009

I just sent him an email with congratulations.

Ivan must be thrilled to be on the cover! Big Grin

EDITED: the cover was photoshopped! Authari was 'added' behind Ivan to hide some modern visitors, and a vexillum was added to my hasta! Big Grin D D D

Re: Légionnaires, auxiliaires et fédérés sous le Bas-Empire - LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS - 03-16-2009

:lol: Is not Ivan!!! It's FAVENTIANUS OPTIMUS MAXIMUS!!! Big Grin

Nice picture, indeed.

Re: Légionnaires, auxiliaires et fédérés sous le Bas-Empire - FAVENTIANVS - 03-16-2009

Good Lordy Have Mercy!!!! Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock:

Re: Légionnaires, auxiliaires et fédérés sous le Bas-Empire - Theodosius the Great - 03-16-2009

That is a great photo. 8)

Congratulations, Ivan :!:

~Theo

Re: Légionnaires, auxiliaires et fédérés sous le Bas-Empire - FAVENTIANVS - 03-17-2009

thanx!!!

Re: Légionnaires, auxiliaires et fédérés sous le Bas-Empire - LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS - 03-17-2009

I think the men from Errance have to send a free copy to Ivan, in concept of "rights of image"... :wink:

Re: Légionnaires, auxiliaires et fédérés sous le Bas-Empire - FAVENTIANVS - 03-19-2009

Quote:I think the men from Errance have to send a free copy to Ivan, in concept of "rights of image"... :wink:
They already did so! Big Grin D
Thanx Alain et François!

Re: Légionnaires, auxiliaires et fédérés sous le Bas-Empire - Dan from Britannia - 04-04-2009

Just got this today... A brilliant book, absolutely packed full of useful, well-presented information (wish my French was better though) and the photographs show that their kit standards are so very high.

If you're a later Roman enthusiast; this is one for your bookshelf.

The downside- well it's made me very, very jealous indeed!!!!!

Well done Alain, Francois & crew!

Re: Légionnaires, auxiliaires et fédérés sous le Bas-Empire - Robert Vermaat - 04-05-2009

I second Dan's opinion (including about the French language). I received my copy a few days ago (thanks Alain!) and I've read it cover to cover (dictionary in hand). Almost a hundred pages (first 40 covering the 3rd c.) with many many colour images, plus a section of drawings of the Field Army shield designs from the Notitia Dignitatum! Indeed a 'must-have' for all LR enthusiasts... Well done, Alain and François!

Re: Légionnaires, auxiliaires et fédérés sous le Bas-Empire - Virilis - 04-15-2009

Just got my copy, well done Confusedhock: ! I must admit that those guys depicting the Dura Europos soldiers must be closest to the "real thing" in terms of athmosphere I have ever seen in re-enactment. This book is worth the price only for the Notitia Dignitatum drawings!

Re: Légionnaires, auxiliaires et fédérés sous le Bas-Empire - Robert Vermaat - 04-16-2009

Quote:I must admit that those guys depicting the Dura Europos soldiers must be closest to the "real thing" in terms of athmosphere I have ever seen in re-enactment.
Well, that's what Photoshop can do for you. Big Grin Have you spotted the other 'shopped' images?

Re: Légionnaires, auxiliaires et fédérés sous le Bas-Empire - Virilis - 04-16-2009

Quote:Well, that's what Photoshop can do for you. Big Grin Have you spotted the other 'shopped' images?

What?! Are we dealing with some dark forces here Confusedhock: !?