RomanArmyTalk
8 images of Viroconium (Wroxeter) c160 AD - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Gaming & Modelling (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: 8 images of Viroconium (Wroxeter) c160 AD (/showthread.php?tid=14354)

Pages: 1 2

8 images of Viroconium (Wroxeter) c160 AD - Arturus Uriconium - 01-06-2009

Thought I'd share some images that my old company did of Viriconium c160 AD. I know this may not be Reconstruction as you mean it by hope this is the place to post. I may still be posting as you view.

Sorry you have to download to view full size by they are best viewed that way.

Re: 8 images of Viroconium (Wroxeter) c160 AD - M. Demetrius - 01-06-2009

Very nice work! I can tell it's computer graphics, but it's very convincing, nonetheless.

A laud for your effort!

Re: 8 images of Viroconium (Wroxeter) c160 AD - jvrjenivs - 01-06-2009

Thanks for posting. Very nice computer graphics!

Re: 8 images of Viroconium (Wroxeter) c160 AD - Arturus Uriconium - 01-06-2009

Thanks David. We weren't really striving for complete photorealism. These are also 7 years old and we've got a lot better since then. Whenever I can I like to use humans composited into the picture. I'll post some test ones we did of Heronbridge strip settlement (south of Chester) that used this technique.

Mak

Re: 8 images of Viroconium (Wroxeter) c160 AD - Gaius Julius Caesar - 01-06-2009

Excellent! I was at Wroxeter with a Comilitone doing a small display this summer.

It was a truely awesome basilica, and your graphics do it justice.

Re: 8 images of Viroconium (Wroxeter) c160 AD - Arturus Uriconium - 01-06-2009

Many thanks Gaius. It is indeed 'awesome', it's the size of Worcester Cathedral! What was interesting for us was to see how awful it must have looked lit by green light from the windows. Red lit by green, no wonder they needed to vent anger!

Re: 8 images of Viricoium c160 AD - MARCVS PETRONIVS MAIVS - 02-02-2009

Deleted.... Sad

Re: 8 images of Viricoium c160 AD - Mythos_Ruler - 02-03-2009

Confirmed. Sad

Re: 8 images of Viricoium c160 AD - Arturus Uriconium - 02-03-2009

Must have happened when it was transferred from another forum.

Re: 8 images of Viricoium c160 AD - Praefectusclassis - 02-05-2009

Work for me if I click the link.

Re: 8 images of Viricoium c160 AD - Arturus Uriconium - 02-05-2009

It only seems to work for me if I click on those that have 'display' in the name, the others don't open. Maybe I should just re-post?

Re: 8 images of Viricoium c160 AD - Gaius Julius Caesar - 02-05-2009

They don't work for me either.... Cry

Re: 8 images of Viricoium c160 AD - Mythos_Ruler - 02-05-2009

Half dont work. Some do though.

Re: 8 images of Viricoium c160 AD - Arturus Uriconium - 02-06-2009

I'll just re-post those that can't be seen. Below is the bath's basilica. The size of Worcester cathedral it survived as a basilica until the 5th century, after which it felt into disrepair and became used as a market.

[Image: WroxeterBasilica.jpg]

Re: 8 images of Viricoium c160 AD - Arturus Uriconium - 02-06-2009

A cutaway of the baths, which they reckon could have served over a thousand people a day... men and woman. Although the poor women would have the use of it in the afternoons when the water wasn't so hot!

[Image: WroxBathCutaway.jpg]