RomanArmyTalk
Fantasy/mythical creature - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Fantasy/mythical creature (/showthread.php?tid=14183)

Pages: 1 2 3

Fantasy/mythical creature - Libitina - 12-11-2008

Following on from a discussion I had with friends (bit odd I know)...

...but if you could be any mythical/fantasy creature what would it be? An Orc? Giant? Chinese fox? A Harpie? Dragon? Faun? Demon? Vampire? If it's a God - which one?

Re: Fantasy/mythical creature - M. Demetrius - 12-11-2008

The Blob from the 50s SF movie.

Definitely not one of the Triffids from Day of the Triffids, or the giant tarantulas from the same era.

Re: Fantasy/mythical creature - ioannes sebald - 12-11-2008

In my case,one of the Martian insects from Quatermass and the Pit(preferably not one of the dead ones nor a weakling),would'nt it be fun to go hopping around London like a bl**dy big Locust?.

Re: Fantasy/mythical creature - Virilis - 12-11-2008

"Klaatu barada nikto"!!

The tin can from the movie "The Day When The Earth Stood Still" if I remember correctly...

Re: Fantasy/mythical creature - M. Demetrius - 12-11-2008

The robot's name was Gort. Klaatu was the spaceman (played by Michael Rennie). Klaatu baradda nikto is the message given to the earth woman to relay to Gort, meaning, "Don't destroy the earth".

That was one bad dude robot. Selective disintegration...first the weapons, then the weapons along with the weapon holders. Now if the Varus had had one of those in the auxilia, Arminius & Co. would have had a different outcome in Kalkriese, wouldn't they?

That's one of the best SF movies ever made.

Re: Fantasy/mythical creature - Virilis - 12-11-2008

Quote:That's one of the best SF movies ever made.

Yes it is!

Re: Fantasy/mythical creature - Tiberius Clodius Corvinus - 12-11-2008

Quote:"Klaatu barada nikto"!!
Are you sure you said the correct words?
Its absolutely imperative that you did!!! Or we'll all be lost!

:lol: Big Grin ... sorry couldnt resist but there is this almost identical line in "Army of Darkness"

... back to the original question.

I see the Blob is already assigned so I'd like to be that Behemoth from The Mist. Dont know why. may the good prospect

Big Grin

Re: Fantasy/mythical creature - Magnus - 12-11-2008

Some kind of dragon...

Re: Fantasy/mythical creature - Jona Lendering - 12-11-2008

Quote:if you could be any mythical/fantasy creature what would it be?
Actually, none of them really appeals to me. I was tempted to say "an angel", because I would like to fly, but I think Rammstein has made it clear why that is not something to really wish.
Quote:If it's a God - which one?
Any lover of Aphrodite will do, so Ares or Hermes or Hephaestus or someone similar.

Re: Fantasy/mythical creature - Epictetus - 12-12-2008

Hercules would be quite interesting: travelling the world and kicking monster butt. Big Grin

Re: Fantasy/mythical creature - Libitina - 12-12-2008

:lol: :lol:

Lovin the answers!

The creatures in The Mist were freaky.

My answer is boringly unspecific - a mermaid. Had a thing about them since I was little. I must have seen Splash and it stuck. Not sure yet if I'd be the Disney kind or the drowning sailors kind... Big Grin

Re: Fantasy/mythical creature - Magnus - 12-12-2008

Although...if we included the realm of sci-fi I'd be a predator lol.

[Image: avp2.jpg]

Re: Fantasy/mythical creature - Jeroen Pelgrom - 12-12-2008

a minotaur!

Re: Fantasy/mythical creature - Paullus Scipio - 12-12-2008

Demetrius/Davis said:
Quote:The robot's name was Gort. Klaatu was the spaceman (played by Michael Rennie). Klaatu baradda nikto is the message given to the earth woman to relay to Gort, meaning, "Don't destroy the earth".

That was one bad dude robot. Selective disintegration...first the weapons, then the weapons along with the weapon holders. Now if the Varus had had one of those in the auxilia, Arminius & Co. would have had a different outcome in Kalkriese, wouldn't they?

That's one of the best SF movies ever made.

...gotta agree with that! Smile D " Gort, varenga! " - some robot ! The eye shield on the robot slowly sliding up to unveil his weaponry scared the sh*** out of me the first time I saw it as a kid.......

Whadda ya bet the Keanu Reeves remake, despite 21st C effects, is not a patch on the Michael Rennie/Patricia Neal 50's version ?

Re: Fantasy/mythical creature - Tarbicus - 12-12-2008

Talos.

[Image: talos.jpg]

You get to sit on a sun soaked beach most of the time, but I'd see a welder first.