RomanArmyTalk
Another new Graham Sumner book? - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Research Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: References & Reviews (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Another new Graham Sumner book? (/showthread.php?tid=13941)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Another new Graham Sumner book? - Caballo - 11-07-2008

[Image: 417V7fRmqJL._SS500_.jpg]

New to me, but not yet published...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arms-Armour-Imp ... pd_sim_b_1

And I see that Amazon have sold out of stocks of Roman Military Dress- just as I put it on my Christmas list....... :roll:

Re: Another new Graham Sumner book? - Ebusitanus - 11-08-2008

I pre-ordered that one for months. It must have gotten delayed.

BOOKS - Graham Sumner - 11-08-2008

Quote:I pre-ordered that one for months. It must have gotten delayed.

Yes it has been delayed. As the publishers were presented with so much material they decided to release it in three volumes each dealing with a seperate period of Roman history. The middle period late Republic-early Empire will be released first. This is the one shown above.

These books written by Raffaele D'Amato are completly seperate from my other book 'Roman Military Dress', which will be published by Tempus, now The History Press.

As yet I have no exact release dates for all four books.

In the meantime Raffaele and I are nearing completion of another book for Osprey on Roman Naval forces.

Graham.

Re: Another new Graham Sumner book? - Gaius Julius Caesar - 11-08-2008

Great! Can they be obtained through Amazon? Big Grin

Re: Another new Graham Sumner book? - Ebusitanus - 12-03-2008

Any news on this? I still have that order at Amazon pending? Any chance we will see it before Christmas?

Re: Another new Graham Sumner book? - M. Demetrius - 12-03-2008

Roman naval forces! Hooray!

Re: Another new Graham Sumner book? - Caballo - 03-22-2009

Amazon UK just sent me this email.....coming shortly......

"We have listed the item(s) below with the expected delivery date(s):

G. Sumner, Raffaele D'Amato "Arms and Armour of the Imperial Roman
Soldier: From Marius to Commodus" [Hardcover]
Estimated arrival date: 02/04/09 - 15/04/09"

Re: Another new Graham Sumner book? - Gorgon - 03-23-2009

Paul, I received the exact same email from Amazon:

"We have listed the item(s) below with the expected delivery date(s): G. Sumner, Raffaele D'Amato "Arms and Armour of the Imperial Roman Soldier: From Marius to Commodus" [Hardcover]Estimated arrival date: 02/04/09 - 15/04/09"

And on the actual item page it says "Usually dispatched within 7 to 10 days."

Let's hope this time is for real.

Re: Another new Graham Sumner book? - Gorgon - 03-29-2009

Just noticed that Amazon UK now says "Usually dispatched within 6 to 10 days" instead of "Usually dispatched within 7 to 10 days"...

My copy has not been shiped yet. Anyone has got a copy already?

Re: Another new Graham Sumner book? - Graham Sumner - 03-30-2009

Hello Pedro

Quote:My copy has not been shiped yet. Anyone has got a copy already?

I would not think so because the index was only finished last week!

These books have been a mammoth undertaking and each of the three volumes will be the same size in format as Connolly's Greece and Rome at war. Do not expect to see the usual suspects of Roman book illustrations either. Every volume will contain literally hundreds of images of artifacts and paintings, mosaics and scuplture from across the Roman world, most of which I myself had never seen before. Many images will be published here for the very first time, or at the very least seen for the first time outside their respective countries or institutions.

These books will certainly inspire many re-enactors with fresh ideas for kit to make. There may even be some of you who after reading the books might want to throw away all their gear and start again! While others no doubt will stare in disbelief and find plenty to dispute and argue over. Either way, there will definately be a lot to talk about.

Graham.

Re: Another new Graham Sumner book? - M. Demetrius - 03-30-2009

Here's hoping the books will be an absolutely glowing financial success for you, sir! Thanks for your contributions to our hobby and our understanding of things Roman.

Re: Another new Graham Sumner book? - jvrjenivs - 03-30-2009

Quote:Many images will be published here for the very first time, or at the very least seen for the first time outside their respective countries or institutions.

These books will certainly inspire many re-enactors with fresh ideas for kit to make. There may even be some of you who after reading the books might want to throw away all their gear and start again!

Yeah, can't wait to reading it!

Re: Another new Graham Sumner book? - Graham Sumner - 03-30-2009

Quote:Here's hoping the books will be an absolutely glowing financial success for you, sir! Thanks for your contributions to our hobby and our understanding of things Roman.

Thanks David
Graham.

Re: Another new Graham Sumner book? - Gorgon - 03-30-2009

Thank you Graham! Certainly looks like a must-have!
Hope it doesn't take too long now.

Best wishes!

Re: Another new Graham Sumner book? - Gäiten - 04-02-2009

Do you have an idea what will be the content of the remaining 2 books?

The first book from Marius to Commodus,

the second from Severus to Diocletian?
the third from Constantine to Heraclius?

Best regards

Andreas