RomanArmyTalk
The last film you watched.... - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: The last film you watched.... (/showthread.php?tid=13172)

Re: The last film you watched.... - Dogote - 09-06-2008

shrek three blew.. what a way to end the climactic event ..... surrounded by your enemies, out numbered... "Cant we all just get along!? Cry "

..kinda glad i didnt actually PAY the insane price to see it on the big screen....

i had to do something though... my oldest son is obsessed with music. before i found the chitty chitty bang bang movie he was watching Phantom of the Opera.... i would skip the truly demented scenes, not to worry! the last thing i wanted was for my two year old to learn about garroting people! :o
"bang bang" as he calls it.. is bloody annoying, but at least it teaches kids about "stranger danger" lol

Re: The last film you watched.... - Jona Lendering - 09-09-2008

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. I think Danny Kaye can no longer really entertain me. I can see he is brilliant, but his type of humor is outmoded, sort of.

Re: The last film you watched.... - Dogote - 09-10-2008

always did love Danny Kaye when i was a kid.... he was like a clean wholesome version of Robin Williams lol

Re: The last film you watched.... - Morrighan - 09-11-2008

The last movie I watched in the cinema was Hellboy II Big Grin I loved it!

Re: The last film you watched.... - Jeroen Pelgrom - 09-11-2008

Earth vs the flying saucers (1956)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o4fdX8gUMY

very fun to watch!

Re: The last film you watched.... - Annamax - 09-11-2008

Doctor Faustus (1967) with Richard Burton & Liz Taylor.

Re: The last film you watched.... - Narukami - 09-11-2008

Quote:Earth vs the flying saucers (1956)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o4fdX8gUMY

very fun to watch!

Vintage Ray Harryhausen -- a lot of fun!

Smile

Narukami

film - Graham Sumner - 09-12-2008

My Darling Clemantine

Starring Henry Fonda as Wyatt Earp

Directed by John Ford.

Superb black and white photography and well acted. Ford even knew Wyatt Earp back in the twenties, who told him exactly how the Gunfight at the OK Corral took place. So you can expect to see the most accurate version of that event right? Wrong! There were characters there who should not have been, while others who were there, were not shown at all. Doc Holliday even gets shot and dies when even I knew he died of consumption a few years afterwards. Other events and characters leading up to the shoot out were also changed.

Hey Ho!

Graham.

Re: The last film you watched.... - Libitina - 09-15-2008

Galaxy Quest. Funnier than I was expecting Big Grin

Re: The last film you watched.... - Jona Lendering - 09-15-2008

Quote:Galaxy Quest. Funnier than I was expecting Big Grin
Oh yes, I loved it!

FILM - Graham Sumner - 09-15-2008

Quote:Libitina wrote:
Galaxy Quest. Funnier than I was expecting

Oh yes, I loved it!

Me too! Big Grin

According to IMDB The incident in the toilet really happened to William Shatner!

Graham.

Re: FILM - Libitina - 09-15-2008

Quote:
Quote:Libitina wrote:
Galaxy Quest. Funnier than I was expecting

Oh yes, I loved it!

Me too! Big Grin

According to IMDB The incident in the toilet really happened to William Shatner!

Graham.

:lol: I put it on my rental list because you mentioned it in an earlier thread.

FILMS - Graham Sumner - 09-15-2008

Quote:I put it on my rental list because you mentioned it in an earlier thread.

Indeed I did now I remember, you are right. Glad you liked it!

Graham.

Re: The last film you watched.... - Narukami - 09-15-2008

At the Cinema: Burn After Reading

This is black comedy of the blackest sort -- very funny. The Cohen brother's tell stories about bumblers. Sometimes they bumble themselves into a happy ending (O' Brother Where Art Thou) and sometimes not (Fargo).

Burn is more in the vein of Fargo, and to my mind (I know this is heresy) is a better or more to the point, more fully realized bit of story telling than was No Country for Old Men. At least I enjoyed this one more.

Also -- Wife & Daughter saw Death Race. They liked it. Roger Corman lives.

:wink:

Narukami

Re: The last film you watched.... - Magnus - 09-15-2008

Rented "Son of Rambow", a british film...VERY good! Funny with a good story to it.

Also rented "Street Kings" with Keanu Reaves and Forest Whitaker. About an L.A.P.D. special Vice unit that goes outside of the law to enforce it. VERY cool film...had an interesting story about how far people should/will go to see justice done. Keanu Reaves had an interesting line in it, when he was asked by his girlfriend:

Girlfriend: "What about the truth?"
Keanu: "What about it? It's all on how we write it up".

He is referring to the report that gets submitted after an incident...pretty interesting.