RomanArmyTalk
Mod Idea! - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Gaming & Modelling (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Mod Idea! (/showthread.php?tid=11308)

Mod Idea! - DanM - 12-19-2007

How about rtr with the americas and native wamericans, and maybe antarctica! Now you can conquer or establish trade with the native americans, and erase columbus from his fame, muhahaha! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: sorry, I'm against christopher columbus, it's lief ericson.

Re: Mod Idea! - Robert Vermaat - 12-19-2007

Quote:How about rtr with the americas and native wamericans, and maybe antarctica! Now you can conquer or establish trade with the native americans, and erase columbus from his fame, muhahaha! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: sorry, I'm against christopher columbus, it's lief ericson.

All for that. Create defences on the beach and have a regiment of natives with poisoned arrows or something like that at the ready. At the first "I claim this land for ..." it would be over just like that! :twisted:

Btw it's Leif Ericsson, not lief...

Re: Mod Idea! - Gaius Julius Caesar - 12-19-2007

You mean its not Leaf....? :lol: :roll:

Re: Mod Idea! - DanM - 12-20-2007

And the antarctica thing, maybe something modern, with ancient style weapons. Antarctica total ar.

Re: Mod Idea! - M. Demetrius - 12-20-2007

I read that the Ancient Greeks had an accurate map of the land coastline of Antarctica. Would that mean the ice was not then as it is now?

Anyway, if it were in a game, how about some Ice Bears to use as elite troops, or phalanxes of penguins?

I'm thinking something somewhat realistic, so no bears, but maybe recon penguins, or incindiery penguins Confusedhock: . The soldiers would be people in parkas, and the cities would be research bases.

I'll try to make a rough sketch for my americas one.

OK I'm scanning now.

[Image: map0001.jpg] OK I have it, I'm bad at scannning and drawing. :oops:

Re: Mod Idea! - Titvs Statilivs Castvs - 12-20-2007

If you just said it we would understand too. :lol:

Re: Mod Idea! - DanM - 02-28-2008

I really think this is a good idea. maybe someone could change RTR and add the americas, with new buildings, allowing the greeks to invade america. Now I can wonder what a Hellenic modern USA would look like.

Re: Mod Idea! - Robert Vermaat - 02-28-2008

Quote:Now I can wonder what a Hellenic modern USA would look like.
Actually, I vaguely recall there's a series of novels about that.

Re: Mod Idea! - Iagoba - 02-29-2008

Wasn´t the Greek second in votes to English as official language of the newly founded USA in 1700´s :?:

If Greek had won, there will be a curious thing in there, Greek used for official purposes and by high society, and a slang of the mixed languages of the emigrants, used in the street, and changing from city to city, or even by district... :roll:

Alternative History is so funny! :lol:

Re: Mod Idea! - Magnus - 02-29-2008

BAAHAHAHAHAH! That sketch is awesome!!! :lol: