RomanArmyTalk
Battle of The Ancients - Cork, Ireland 2008 - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Events (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Battle of The Ancients - Cork, Ireland 2008 (/showthread.php?tid=10227)

Battle of The Ancients - Cork, Ireland 2008 - Nerva - 08-19-2007

Legion Ireland are hosting a multiperiod historical re-enactment festival on the 17th and 18th of May 2008. The event is open to all groups from the Bronze age up to the 16th century featuring simulated combat displays, non combat displays and living history.

This is our first time hosting an event and hope some of you will be able to attend. Right now we're trying to organise sponsorship so we can at least cover travel expenses for traveling groups, but we'll have to see how much we can raise.

We're putting together a website for it at the moment and will let you all know when it's up and running. So if you'de like a bit of Irish, er I mean Roman hospitality next May, please let me know.

Re: Battle of The Ancients - Cork, Ireland 2008 - Nerva - 09-03-2007

Just to let you know, the web site for this event will be up and running in the next few days.

Re: Battle of The Ancients - Cork, Ireland 2008 - Ceannt - 09-05-2007

we will have drink Tongue

Re: Battle of The Ancients - Cork, Ireland 2008 - Ramesses II - 09-18-2007

Looks quite interesting Smile

Re: Battle of The Ancients - Cork, Ireland 2008 - MARCVS PETRONIVS MAIVS - 09-18-2007

Looks fascinating. I always have wanted to go to Ireland.

Maybe the superiors in the RMRS have plans Smile

Re: Battle of The Ancients - Cork, Ireland 2008 - Ceannt - 09-18-2007

yes goodman yourself all u have to do is bring yourself and we will bring the drink,woman and we will have one hell of a goodtime Big Grin

Re: Battle of The Ancients - Cork, Ireland 2008 - Iceman - 09-22-2007

I'm working on our Legion for this so hurry up and get the website sorted out. 8)

Re: Battle of The Ancients - Cork, Ireland 2008 - Ceannt - 09-22-2007

sweet the more the meeryer Big Grin wink:

Re: Battle of The Ancients - Cork, Ireland 2008 - Iceman - 09-22-2007

Oops. My mistake. I didn't see the link. :oops:

Too much vodka and not enough sleep. Sorry. :wink:

Re: Battle of The Ancients - Cork, Ireland 2008 - Maximio - 09-23-2007

Quote:yes goodman yourself all u have to do is bring yourself and we will bring the drink,woman and we will have one hell of a goodtime Big Grin

Now this looks just Grand so it does. I'll have a look at the dates and if she isn't stuck in exams I'll bring Ursa along as well.

All the better if you promise me a slice of that traditional Irish dish - or as they say in Georgia - Humble Pieski. :lol:

You boys take care - ps pics are now coming in from Corbridge.

Re: Battle of The Ancients - Cork, Ireland 2008 - Ceannt - 09-24-2007

very funny and would you like a bit as well :twisted: (england 0 RSA 36)

Thanks for pic