RomanArmyTalk
New Gallic Helmet from Erik and Ira Konig - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: New Gallic Helmet from Erik and Ira Konig (/showthread.php?tid=9897)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: New Gallic Helmet from Erik and Ira Konig - Bocchus - 07-25-2007

To the comment of Tarbicus: In which form my comment insults anybody out there? Its rather unfair to blame me for telling, that comments like "too bad for so many" bucks are not very constructive. Again, in which form is this insulting ???? And of course envy is always involved in such posts.
It's very insulting, dear Tarbicus, to charge me and to involve the great wisdom "Not criticising doesn't help them whatsoever". If I discuss a piece with Erik ALWAYS criticism involved.
Again: Whom I insulted? In which I insulted anybody, who does unfair comments?
:?

Re: New Gallic Helmet from Erik and Ira Konig - Tarbicus - 07-25-2007

Quote:While reading the posts you get almost the opinion, there are guys, who just want to denigrate Erik's work.....Apart from the fact, that there always people who go green with envy,

Quote:
Bocchus:2cfqlwvv Wrote:While reading the posts you get almost the opinion, there are guys, who just want to denigrate Erik's work.....Apart from the fact, that there always people who go green with envy,
As for envy being involved in all posts? Sorry, but I have to disagree entirely.

Re: New Gallic Helmet from Erik and Ira Konig - Bocchus - 07-25-2007

Again to Tarbicus: You should read mare carefuly - i talked about "such posts" as "too bad for so many bucks". I didn't talked about all posts.

Quote:While reading the posts you get almost the opinion, there are guys, who just want to denigrate Erik's work.....
I'll go back to my point - nobody here wants to denigrate Erik's work, which is what you are suggesting. If you can't see a problem with what you say Luca is doing then we're just gonna go around in circles having an argument. My last post on this, you're welcome to the last word.

Re: New Gallic Helmet from Erik and Ira Konig - Flavius Promotus - 07-25-2007

Fratres,

maybe we are currently dicussing the tempest in the teacup.

I've heard from a friend (who is also a friend of Erik) that Erik allegedly offered the customer (PierPaolo) to sell the helmet with the 'faulty' eyebrows for 50% of the original price. I didn't have an opportunity to ask Erik if this is correct, but should that be the case, then this deal sounds like the mother of all bargains 8)

Now for the 'faulty' eyebrows, I unfortunately cannot compare Erik's reconstruction with the original helmet, as this calculator futuans here (f***** school computer) can't open the images. Jim, I've sent you a private message, can you send them to my email adress?

I'll try to ask Erik about his point of view, maybe it will pay off to hear what he thinks about it Smile
And please remember that (AFAIK) this was Erik's FIRST attempt at producing such a helmet, so you can bet his next attempt will be even better.

Should you have any other suggestions for improvements, I could translate them and pass them on to Erik :wink:

Salvete,
Florianus

Re: New Gallic Helmet from Erik and Ira Konig - Marcus Mummius - 07-25-2007

Then it would be a VERY good deal indeed. Especialy because the eyebrows will be covered by the bearskin, so you won't see them anyway Smile

Quote:Especialy because the eyebrows will be covered by the bearskin, so you won't see them anyway

Good point Jef, didn't think of that Big Grin

No reason to raise an eyebrow, then! :lol:

Quote:Jim, I've sent you a private message, can you send them to my email adress?
Email sent.

Email received! Thank you Jim, the images are great! Big Grin
Can I pass them on to Erik?

Greets,
Florianus

PS: I hope you don't mind that I just blew your symmetric laudes number :oops:

Quote:Email received! Thank you Jim, the images are great! Big Grin
Can I pass them on to Erik?
Of course, go for it.

Quote:PS: I hope you don't mind that I just blew your symmetric laudes number :oops:
LOL. Not at all. Smile

Just tried to get Erik on the phone, but without success (obviously he's busy). I'll send him an email instead.

I think the best thing is now to just wait and see what he wants to say about the 'battle of the eyebrow' :wink:

Re: New Gallic Helmet from Erik and Ira Konig - Mark Headlee - 07-25-2007

Florian,

Of course he's busy...he's working on my helmet...... :lol:

Re: New Gallic Helmet from Erik and Ira Konig - Marcus Mummius - 07-25-2007

Quote:Florian,

Of course he's busy...he's working on my helmet...... :lol:

Yeah, he's probably maniacally redoing the eyebrows after he read all this :lol:

Re: New Gallic Helmet from Erik and Ira Konig - Mark Headlee - 07-25-2007

I think the eyebrows on the Gutmann helmet are "just right"! :wink: