RomanArmyTalk

Full Version: From Marble to Flesh...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Some time ago I started a project: Reconstructing living faces to Roman emperors from extant busts using Photoshop, my primary tool. These two were created without too much difficulty. Given time, I think I could make them quite lifelike. Those eyes were really difficult to align, they seem to protrude in every late antiquity bust...

[Image: probusvertailu.0.jpg]
Marcus Aurelius Probus, my favourite emperor

[Image: ConstantiusChlorusvertailu.jpg]
Constantius Chlorus, Dux Britannia
Hi
WOW, great work!!!
Go to Villa Borghese in Rome in person, or get a complete photo collection of their stuff, as they have a great collection of busts.

Jeff Wyss
Great stuff!

Do you think you can do Vespasian?
I might try, though there's already a living Vespasian out there:

http://www.legiiavg.org.uk/military/emperor.html

Smile

I've visited Villa Borghese several times. It is a splendid collection.
Hyvä Sampsa!

I would like to see Julian the Apostate made this way. Anyway they simply look great!
Confusedhock:
that is great stuff!, good job
Very impressive work. Smile shock: Smile

Will we see more...?

Narukami
Creepy!
Extremely well done!
Confusedhock:

Nice work! What's next? Caracalla? Please, please, please... Smile
Greetings Dardanus,
Quote:Some time ago I started a project: Reconstructing living faces to Roman emperors from extant busts using Photoshop, my primary tool. These two were created without too much difficulty. Given time, I think I could make them quite lifelike. Those eyes were really difficult to align, they seem to protrude in every late antiquity bust...

[Image: probusvertailu.0.jpg]
Marcus Aurelius Probus, my favourite emperor

[Image: ConstantiusChlorusvertailu.jpg]
Constantius Chlorus, Dux Britannia
I have tried doing that myself...can't get the skin tones correct ....
yours are incredibly lifelike.......
Constantius Chlorus resembles Joaquin Phoenix - I noticed Comerus already noticed :wink: ..... it's really amazing the likeness......!
Regards
Arthes
Hi Caius here, thats pretty amazing especially Constantius pic its almost like looking at a picture of the man. Its really a neat way you have of getting in touch with a gone age Cheers Caius Valens/ thom
Hi caius,

Nice avatar.

I see you have a signature but what you must do is a) add your real name (it's a rule!) and b) activate the signature.
From [url:2fnidvbx]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/11/Seleuco_I_Nicatore.JPG[/url]
a not very good identikit of Seleucos Nicator
[Image: Seleuco-jpg.jpg]
Quote:a not very good identikit of Seleucos Nicator
Why not very good? Given the original, I bet his family would surely recognise him. Nice work.
I've just realised....we do have a rather Seleucid nose shape with a 'bump' on the ridge Confusedhock: ...maybe that so called 'ancestry' I found that traced back to him was correct after all......eeek :lol: :lol:
Anyone know where I can find a Seleucid for DNA testing purposes...hehe
My late father did have Seleucus's nose.... Sad
Arthes
Pages: 1 2