RomanArmyTalk

Full Version: Deepeeka Roman helmets database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some strange-unknown reason, we do not have a kind of database with the correct sizes of the deepeeka roman helmets. This "lacuna" leaves everyone in a "trial and error buy policy" when we want to buy a deepeeka helmet. Retailers often give uncorrect information when you ask for the correct size (they measure often tooo big...Wink) Personally I had to buy 5 helmets before I found the "right-size". So, for the information and to be helpfull of those who want to buy a "right-size", I suggest that we make a list of all helmets with the measurements...

Following items should be available :

Details(AH6306N) or name or picture of the helmet :................
head circumference : ....................cm
long distance (front to back): ............. cm
short distance (ear to ear): ...............cm
The Gallic A is their Largest Helmet while the Intercisa Helmets are their smallest. All their helmets are "one size fits all."
Or ask the seller to measure it for you. Furthermore for perfect fit always get a custom made helmet. It's also hardly immaginable that all original helmets were perfect fit, although some surely did.
In general Deepeeka helmets are too round, especially the gallic types. My favourite of their helmets, the Niederbieber, has anatomically a perfect bowl.
Their Intercisa Helmets used to be ovoid in shape, but they are now circular. Its actually a good thing because they fit my head.
Quote:Their Intercisa Helmets used to be ovoid in shape, but they are now circular. Its actually a good thing because they fit my head.

Good for you! They are now too round and shallow for me, the old ones were better Wink..,
Yeah I know, they are pretty shallow, but they're really small so my big head fits perfectly inside the bowl, if it was ovoid it wouldn't fit me at all probably.

I never plan to order another one, they don't use the correct cheek pieces anymore.
That's the problem I have with my Deepeeka helmets, front to back tight fit, side to side to loose and, shallow. Ear guards sit a good inch above my ears, one day I'll just make my own.
And the brow guards breakā€¦ THe one I have I took to three different welders and they all said that the metal could not be welded. Sad
Hey Patrick, I can take care of that brow guard for you.