RomanArmyTalk

Full Version: Split
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just off on hols, and will be spending a couple of days in Split (Diocletian's Palace and Archeological Museum). Any recommendations for specific things I should look out for/ take pics of?
Cheers

Paul
Nice Late Roman stufff! Images of people, helmets, plumbatae...
Don't forget to take pictures of the real roman stuff too..lol

Have fun, you be at Kelmarsh?
Yes, at Kelmarsh, though sadly missing Maryport in my Late Roman guise....
Quote:Just off on hols, and will be spending a couple of days in Split (Diocletian's Palace and Archeological Museum). Any recommendations for specific things I should look out for/ take pics of?

Well there are some rather good tombstones in the museum and there was a paper at the recent ROMEC about all the military equipment from there - not sure how much of it is on display as it was 1987 when I was there last.

Mike Bishop
Quote:Just off on hols, and will be spending a couple of days in Split (Diocletian's Palace and Archeological Museum). Any recommendations for specific things I should look out for/ take pics of?
Cheers. Paul

Any photos of any helmets that might be on display would be gratefully appreciated by the Helmets Database project!

Mike Thomas
(Caratacus - Helmet database co-ordinator)
Will do!