RomanArmyTalk

Full Version: Légionnaires, auxiliaires et fédérés sous le Bas-Empire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: File1804.jpg]
Out today, editions errances, written by François Gilbert and our friend Alain Alexandra from the Foederati.

You can recognise several faces on the front cover!
Where can I buy it? A must have book!!!! :!: :!: :!:
I guess it's going to be available on amazon.fr in the following days/weeks, otherwise just ask Alain he already have some exempleries and you will get a dedicace :wink:
I just sent him an email with congratulations.

Ivan must be thrilled to be on the cover! Big Grin

EDITED: the cover was photoshopped! Authari was 'added' behind Ivan to hide some modern visitors, and a vexillum was added to my hasta! Big Grin D D D
:lol: Is not Ivan!!! It's FAVENTIANUS OPTIMUS MAXIMUS!!! Big Grin

Nice picture, indeed.
Good Lordy Have Mercy!!!! Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock:
That is a great photo. 8)

Congratulations, Ivan :!:

~Theo
thanx!!!
I think the men from Errance have to send a free copy to Ivan, in concept of "rights of image"... :wink:
Quote:I think the men from Errance have to send a free copy to Ivan, in concept of "rights of image"... :wink:
They already did so! Big Grin D
Thanx Alain et François!
Just got this today... A brilliant book, absolutely packed full of useful, well-presented information (wish my French was better though) and the photographs show that their kit standards are so very high.

If you're a later Roman enthusiast; this is one for your bookshelf.

The downside- well it's made me very, very jealous indeed!!!!!

Well done Alain, Francois & crew!
I second Dan's opinion (including about the French language). I received my copy a few days ago (thanks Alain!) and I've read it cover to cover (dictionary in hand). Almost a hundred pages (first 40 covering the 3rd c.) with many many colour images, plus a section of drawings of the Field Army shield designs from the Notitia Dignitatum! Indeed a 'must-have' for all LR enthusiasts... Well done, Alain and François!
Just got my copy, well done Confusedhock: ! I must admit that those guys depicting the Dura Europos soldiers must be closest to the "real thing" in terms of athmosphere I have ever seen in re-enactment. This book is worth the price only for the Notitia Dignitatum drawings!
Quote:I must admit that those guys depicting the Dura Europos soldiers must be closest to the "real thing" in terms of athmosphere I have ever seen in re-enactment.
Well, that's what Photoshop can do for you. Big Grin Have you spotted the other 'shopped' images?
Quote:Well, that's what Photoshop can do for you. Big Grin Have you spotted the other 'shopped' images?

What?! Are we dealing with some dark forces here Confusedhock: !?
Pages: 1 2