RomanArmyTalk

Full Version: Tunic Colour?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Thank you for the great replys to my other question. Now has there been any light shed on the debate over the colour of the Roman tunic-I mean by a uniform red or has there been any revelations to other colours-my books do not even approach the topic.

sorry if this old ground or this topic exists elsewhereSmile
yes you are about to die! :lol: :lol: :lol:

if you use the search function and use boolean modifiers you only get 207 matches for 'tunic AND colour OR color'.

here are some recent discussions:

link from old RAT

link from old RAT
Hello Jim

Quote:Now has there been any light shed on the debate over the colour of the Roman tunic-I mean by a uniform red or has there been any revelations to other colours-my books do not even approach the topic.

Obviously then my books 'Roman Military Clothing vols 1-3', published by Osprey in their Men at Arms series are not in your collection!! :wink:

Graham.
Graham's books are definately enough and more to get you started. The question has been a heated one, but I think most people just sort of groan now when it comes up. At least I do. Not again. No, not again!!! Big Grin