Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst Roman movies
Quote:First Arthur, then Asterix...

Hi Robert

My Arthur movie review on your website didn't make you change your mind then!

'The Viking Queen' must rate quite low, why they even got the wrong title as it is basically about Boudicca!

Graham
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Quote:'The Viking Queen' must rate quite low, why they even got the wrong title as it is basically about Boudicca!

Graham

THe Viking Queen! THATS the title! I have been trying to locate that for years for my collection of Really Bad Roman Movies... And I have some real stinkers...

Gaus Decius Aquilius
(Ralph Izard)
Hello Ralph

The Viking Queen indeed!

It is supposed to be the movie in which you can see an extra wearing a wristwatch! However I do not think it is worth watching that closely!!!

Even the star, Carita, gave up acting afterwards.

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Quote:
Quote:First Arthur, then Asterix...
Hi Robert
My Arthur movie review on your website didn't make you change your mind then!
NEVERRRRRR!!!!! :evil:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Druids is bad. Really bad. Then there are a few hundred Italian peplums from the late 50s and 60s that are really bad, but a lot of fun to watch.
The worst ever though would have to be two relatively recent straight to video productions. "Amazons and Gladiators" (2001) is very, very bad. And Roger Corman's remake of of his own 70s black/sexploitation movie "The Arena" is just as bad, or even worse. It's from 2001, too, I think. However, they are so bad that they are almost entertaining.
To quote from a review on imdb.com for "Amazons and Gladiators":

Quote:At the beginning of "Amazons And Gladiators",a scribe tells us that the story begins sixty years after the birth of Christ.I do not know when Christ was born. Nobody does. In the fifth century a monk called Denis The Short worked out that He was born 754 years after Rome was founded,but he was wrong. Christ was probably born in 4 B.C.,or 7 B.C.,or maybe 30 B.C. So this story begins sometime between 30 A.D. and 60 A.D.

Then she tells us that the villain is a veteran of the Punic Wars,and the man who captured Spartacus.I do know that the Third (and last) Punic War ended in 146 B.C., and Spartacus was captured in 71 B.C.

Do the math!
Aka
Christoph
What about the XENA Greco-Roman episodes?? :lol: Confusedhock:
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
XENA at least has the decency to have XENA in it...

I watch J Lo movies with the sound off just to look at her, after all...

Gaius Decius Aquilius
(Ralph Izard)
Yeap. Mrs Lawless impressive appearence saves this atrocius staf!!
kind regards
Quote:Druids / Vercingetorix. Dreadful.

Boudica. Woeful.

Oh yes - 'Boudicca'. I shudder even now. I should have switched off - but it was one of those things you keep watching in horrified fascination. At least the old Hollywood movies are generally entertainingly bad. This was just ghastly.

The Kirk Douglas 'Spartacus' wasn't too bad - but come on - surely I wasn't the only one cheering on Crassus and the Romans? Three cheers for Larry Olivier!
Carus Andiae - David Woodall

"The greatest military machine in the history of the universe..."
"What is - the Daleks?"
"No... the Romans!" - Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens
If Lucy Lawless starred in a movie with Jude Law, would they cancel each other out?
Pecunia non olet
Would this movie be a cross between Xena Warrior Pincss and The Talented Mr. Ripley?

Gaius Decius Aquilius
(Ralph Izard)
If we get a good combination of Blood, Bodies and Booze we shouldn´t be nugging should we? :?
Regards

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New movies about roman era comming soon comptable 30 8,480 10-15-2015, 04:12 AM
Last Post: Pearson
  New Roman/Greek movies Anonymous 22 4,434 08-07-2003, 11:54 PM
Last Post: Los456