Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coolus Helmet pattern, need help.
I would be very happy if somebody could help me find a pattern or simillar to make a Coolus Helmet. I plan on do a beating myself to test if it is possible too Tongue

Tanks!

Martin
Salve Martin,

welcome to RAT! Make yourself at home.

i'm not a reenactor but perhaps this site may be usefull:
[url:3334tubp]http://www.larp.com/legioxx/helmets.html[/url]

The Coolus on that site was made by Matthew Amt, who is also a member of this forum.
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Salve!

I happy to be here and thanks for the great welcome!

Found my way here with from myarmoury.com by the help of Chuck Russel!

I´m not a reenactor ether, more of an exprimental aproach for me I think. The main focus for me is Studys of Roman Martial Art in addision of my Renessance Martial Arts training.

But Rome has always had a great part of my heart stolen and Now I found a new angle to aproach the great Empire. To understand how the soldiers of the Empire fought I need to train in gear, So parts of my ARMA studygroup has desided to gear up as Auxiliae and test the weapons in different situation as with the background we have from ARMA. Hopefully we will get some answers to how and why. I will gladly share tis with you here eventually.

So far we have done some fighting with rudius and small shield. (Don´t know the specific name for them. It´s the small round ones of a diameter of ca 65 to 80 cm.) Haven´t had a go on linefighting yet, only skirmishfighting in lose formation. But we have found some interessting things.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Helmet Padding for a Coolus (or any) helmet damianlz 11 3,431 01-31-2013, 08:40 PM
Last Post: M. Demetrius
  Coolus Helmet construction Anonymous 1 2,013 05-19-2004, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Matthew Amt