Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Spolas for best friend
Spent the last few months making a Spolas for my best friend as a wedding present. “Aw you’re spending all this time and money so your friends will play with you” (my ruthless sister’s words)
Hand cut bronze scales and Nu-gold brass plates, alcohol based dye, and dremel tool-etched designs (may invest in a set of chasing tools for the next one). Obviously many modern methods, techniques and materials but hopefully the flavor of an Ancient Greek hoplite is captured 
Constructive criticism welcome. 
We’re still working on his helmet, sword, spear and our greaves and shields, etc.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Very nice. If you make one for me, I'll play with you too Smile
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books
Congratulations! It looks wonderful! Does your sister have a boyfriend? Make one for him and revenge yourself upon your sister.
Unless she is obsessed with ancient thing herself, it will be a deal-breaker </evil cackle>..

Qui sepeliunt capita sua in terra, deos volantes non videbunt.
--Flavius Flav 
Well done!  I could use a new one...  Just sayin'
Cheryl Boeckmann
Thanks, all.
I learned a lot making this one and may change it up to make a lighter fit for the next one. But gods give me strength because I'm not quite ready to start up again haha
But maybe one day I will get into the Ancient Greek armor making business. Then we can all play
(10-07-2022, 05:31 PM)Zephyrides Wrote: Thanks, all.
I learned a lot making this one and may change it up to make a lighter fit for the next one. But gods give me strength because I'm not quite ready to start up again haha
But maybe one day I will get into the Ancient Greek armor making business. Then we can all play

Once again you've hit it out of the park! Beautiful! Seriously, name your price. We'd all get in line to buy one from you.

Marcus
Marcus

-----------------
My latest build
Thanks, Marcus!
Well, if you’re seriously on the market, I am at a unique point of my life where I can dedicate a LOT of time to it, so feel free to shoot me a DM and we can chat!