Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New movies about roman era comming soon
To be fair it's set in the 1950's but get a load of this leather Roman...
www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-28...ur-set-new-film.html

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hail,_Caesar!

It does indeed look exactly like the 'armour', worn in the 1953 production of 'Julius Caesar'!

Last week I went to Walescomiccon, mainly to chat to David Warner because he had appeared in 'Masada' and he kindly signed one of my old 'Masada' lobby cards. Also appearing at the event was the actor Ian Whyte. According to the IMDB He will be appearing in a new film titled 'Victrix' About the last days of the XXth Valeria Victrix legion in Chester and the rise of the Arthurian legend.

For the purist, the appearance of the XXth legion in Chester (Deva) in the fifth century and a single governor of Britain listed in the cast will have already set off alarm bells.

According to the local press the film is supposed to be shot in the Chester area or places associated with the story the film is based on. If I get to find out more I will post it.

Based on a review on Amazon 'Decline of an Empire', previously known as 'Katherine of Alexandria', has had quite a chequered production, worthy of a film in itself.

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.

Messages In This Thread
New movies about roman era comming soon - by Joan - 12-04-2014, 12:47 PM
New movies about roman era comming soon - by Graham Sumner - 12-05-2014, 08:37 PM
New movies about roman era comming soon - by Joan - 12-09-2014, 04:23 PM
New movies about roman era comming soon - by Joan - 12-09-2014, 04:31 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worst Roman movies Gaius Decius Aquilius 26 5,693 03-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Last Post: hoplite14gr
  New Roman/Greek movies Anonymous 22 4,450 08-07-2003, 11:54 PM
Last Post: Los456