Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greek Sandal reproductions GDFB and others?
John- many thanks for the RAT link, that’s a great help! I had a feeling I had once seen it a while ago, but couldn't find it again! Big Grin

Matt – Apologies, no offence was meant. Not quite clear as to the point you were trying to make about KOA, the company sells good and bad kit on the same site, much of it outsourced.
Quote:‘Apparently you are new to the hobby if you are unaware that even excellent suppliers sometimes carry junk kit.’
Nope, been reenacting a fair while and never disputed this point – in fact I said exactly this in my previous post –
Quote:‘Even buying kit from suppliers who you have used before can be problematic as not everyone who is good at armour/weapons is necessarily as good at clothing/shoes etc. or make some of their own products and outsource others’
I have been pretty clear about this throughout and have consciously asked about the products AND the companies as I am fully aware that some companies can have great kit but be terrible to deal with and vica versa or have variable kit quality. My first post –
Quote: ‘I have used GDFB as a company before and they have been fine to deal with; it's more the sandals specifically’
Just FYI GDFB is one of these companies that we are both aware of- those that sell some excellent kit and some poor kit, as many suppliers do. They are widely used for their re-enactment quality kit but do also stock LARP and lesser quality kit (although, as you can see it’s clearly labelled as such on the site). As I’ve said the whole reason I’m asking on here is to get a feeling of people’s experiences of the particular kit in question, get recommendations etc. so you’re preaching to the converted on this one Wink. I see that your original post was kindly meant, there are many similar looking bits of the same kit out there made/sold by different suppliers and so of variable quality, and I appreciate your explanation of your DSC opinions in your second.

Thanks also to those who have contacted me via PM, I know that discussing the merits of suppliers can be a delicate issue and I appreciate your informed opinions Big Grin .
Pericles of Rhodes (AKA George)

Messages In This Thread
Re: Greek Sandal reproductions GDFB and others? - by Pericles of Rhodes - 05-14-2012, 03:08 PM
Re: Greek Sandal reproductions GDFB and others? - by Stelios Sokratous - 05-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Coffee Grinder One Good Cup Coming Up! - by kedratuitiema - 12-26-2012, 04:23 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Civilian Sandal Recreations nikolaos 3 1,785 08-17-2010, 03:05 AM
Last Post: M. Demetrius