Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you hang your apron straps?
I'm getting close to attaching mine, and I don't know if I should hang them from the bottom of the belt, or from the top so they hang in front of it (obscuring the belt plates).

Legion: TBD
Mine obscure the belt plates.....to be honest I often wonder if the plates were not left away there.....then you don't need so many
Sulpicius Florus

(aka. Steve Thompson)

"What? this old Loculus? had it years dear."
"Vescere bracis meis" (eat my shorts)
[attachment=3888]IMG_0070_2012-04-29.JPG[/attachment]
Hi all
Mine attaches on the front of the belt leather and starts below the plates. I think this looks nicer.
An interesting arcticle on the apron done by M C Bishop here...
http://www.scribd.com/doc/20524593/The-e...rial-apron
Kevin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Kevin
When I have made belts in the past I never put any plates where the straps hang and I find it better to have the straps come over the top of the belt, it can also be where the top apron studs can go through the strap and the belt to help hold them in position.
Brian Stobbs
I had forgotten about that article! Thanks Kevin. I think I'll try the way your belt is made, since I haven't done any like that before. I forgot how much deviation in style as to how the belts were worn (especially crossed belts).

Quote:Mine obscure the belt plates.....to be honest I often wonder if the plates were not left away there.....then you don't need so many

I was thinking the exact same thing...i had pondered putting plain plates where the straps would over-hang as an alternative, if I was going to go that route.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Spacing Between Balteus Apron Straps? Gaius Colletti 3 1,711 10-17-2014, 04:47 PM
Last Post: 66kbm
  Balteus with narrow apron straps Marcus Mummius 18 5,255 05-22-2009, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Tarbicus
  Apron straps Finlandese 1 1,159 09-26-2005, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Marcus Mummius