Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Othismos: Classical vs Crowd Theory Othismos
Quote:However, your defensiveness regarding data that could be perceived as contradicting your theory does require me to discuss what I view to be a number of fundamental flaws in it.

I'm just going to bow out of the discussion. I have no wish to be confrontational on this. I know you believe you are "testing" this correctly, and you are testing something, but in my opinion you are not testing my hypothesis. I gave you the opportunity to contact me and ask me to help design a test that would be more in line with my model, but you did not avail yourself of it. I do take exception to your assertion that I am just being defensive. I was recently corrected in something I wrote on by Giannis and took all of 2 minutes to see that he was correct and change a position I had invested in because his evidence was clear and overwhelming. That is not the case in your instance. You have almost no data, all anecdotal and none quantitative, yet you presented it as though "science" and declared a comparison with my model.

On the positive side, if what you say about taking the pressure of an aspis in the right side, below the arm is true though, this would be a new contribution because all previous schemes of side-on pushing presuppose bearing the pressure on the right shoulder and upper arm. You should document it and perhaps publish somewhere. I personally have doubts about taking 1,000 pounds on the floating ribs, but I have not seen it and it may well work in some manner.
Paul M. Bardunias
MODERATOR: [url:2dqwu8yc]http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4100[/url]
A Spartan, being asked a question, answered "No." And when the questioner said, "You lie," the Spartan said, "You see, then, that it is stupid of you to ask questions to which you already know the answer!"

Messages In This Thread
Re: Pushing from Classical Sources - by nikolaos - 09-18-2010, 01:35 AM
Re: Responding to your questions - by nikolaos - 09-18-2010, 04:12 AM
Re: Othismos: Classical vs Crowd Theory Othismos - by PMBardunias - 09-19-2010, 07:28 PM