Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eindhoven: Romeinen, Galliërs en Germanen
Salvete,

Some pictures of an event we attended last weekend.

Other Roman groups present were Corbvlo, Gemina and Pax Romana. Amor Mortis gave a gladiatorial show.

http://picasaweb.google.com/fotomonfi/romeinen#

Valete,
Jef
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Quote:Other Roman groups present were Corbvlo, Gemina and Pax Romana. Amor Mortis gave a gladiatorial show.

Hey, don't forget about Teuxandrii! :evil: :wink: Big Grin

Greetz,
Manuel Peters
But as Jef told "other Roman groups present". As far as I know teuxandrii did no Romans. They did local celtic people and slaves. One of the groups which was forgotten was Leg II avg (NL), from wich also 3 members were there.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Quote:But as Jef told "other Roman groups present". As far as I know teuxandrii did no Romans. They did local celtic people and slaves. One of the groups which was forgotten was Leg II avg (NL), from wich also 3 members were there.

Ah yes, I did forget Secunda Augusta. I had heard only one person was present, but you know them better than me Smile
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Quote:But as Jef told "other Roman groups present". As far as I know teuxandrii did no Romans. They did local celtic people and slaves. One of the groups which was forgotten was Leg II avg (NL), from wich also 3 members were there.

I thought they did "Germanic under Roman influence", not Celtic at this event.. :? There were gladiators for example.. Wink

From Teuxandrii site:
Quote:Gallo-Germanic
1th to 5th century AD, Roman era
Civilians, craftsman, light armend auxillia infantry (velites) and scouts (exploratores).

But Garrelt might be of more use than me here.. :roll: :wink:

Greetz,
Manuel Peters
It's simply how you define the roles. I would say that the scout Garrelt showd us last weekend was in Roman service, but definatelly not a Roman, as where the gladiators they show. (and to see on the website: 'special provincial gladiators, other than the 'normal' roman types)

And with Celtic i meant (probably not that nice definition) all the folks up here, but germanic could be better description. But then again, as you say, germanic under roman influence, show they didn't display Romans Wink
ALA I BATAVORUM
Nice show! We visited the camp (in modern clothing) Saturday evening, but we were kinda in a hurry. So many peaople to talk to...

Quote:Other Roman groups present were Corbvlo, Gemina and Pax Romana.
You also missed the Minervii! Late Romans, but Patrick and Jürgen made some fine Republican lictores:

[Image: 30.jpg] [Image: 31.jpg]
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:It's simply how you define the roles. I would say that the scout Garrelt showd us last weekend was in Roman service, but definatelly not a Roman, as where the gladiators they show. (and to see on the website: 'special provincial gladiators, other than the 'normal' roman types)

And with Celtic i meant (probably not that nice definition) all the folks up here, but germanic could be better description. But then again, as you say, germanic under roman influence, show they didn't display Romans Wink

I thought "Roman group" was kind of about groups who portray people living in and during the Roman world (or empire, or how you want to define it.. Wink ) My bad.. Wink Tongue

I stand corrected then! Wink lol:

Greetz,
Manuel Peters
I should have said early imperial mainstream romans :lol:

The minervi had very impressive equipment. I liked their impressions a lot!
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Quote:Nice show! We visited the camp (in modern clothing) Saturday evening, but we were kinda in a hurry. So many peaople to talk to...

Marcus Mummius:2gdubzzr Wrote:Other Roman groups present were Corbvlo, Gemina and Pax Romana.
You also missed the Minervii! Late Romans, but Patrick and Jürgen made some fine Republican lictores:

[Image: 30.jpg] [Image: 31.jpg]

They look...happy 8)
Jürgen especially looks like he really, really wants to use the axe in his bundle of fasces on somebody's neck. :mrgreen:
Andreas Baede

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HOME, eindhoven, NL, easter 2008 jvrjenivs 5 1,650 04-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat