Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT conference MAINZ 2008
I would agree with Jef, better to use all the available time to do as much as possible in the vicinity, it will make the weekend a lot more interesting I think

Regards
Roma Victrix

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.legioxi.be/">www.legioxi.be/

Kind regards
Aelius Statilius Atticus
Well, it was just an idea. It´s just an hour by car, so I thought it´s worth considering. Since I´ve already been to the Saalburg: It´ll be no problem for me to go to Bonn, and meet you guys later on again. Smile
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
When would you like to go to the museum (either Bonn or Saalburg), on Saturday afternoon or on Sunday afternoon? If on Saturday I would like to join you to a trip to Bonn presuming that you could take me with you in your car (or somebody else who's going).

Maybe we could split up the group, one half to the Saalburg, the other half to Bonn.
Friday afternoon, I thought?

I´ll take anyone along, as long as there´s space, BUT

- don´t consult me about how to drive
- don´t complain how I drive
- don´t pray

I´m not kidding - these things make me mad while I´m driving. Big Grin
Christian K.

On Friday I'll arrive only late at night because I don't know where I'll be working at that time and therefore can't plan to take a day off.
I'll be there. I'm one of caiustarquitius' students he mentioned above.

I'm really looking forward to this event!
Andreas Raab
Is there an update regarding the hotel? ALso i was wandering how the dutch are going to Mainz.
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Quote:Is there an update regarding the hotel?
I spoke Jasper an hour ago, and he was still planning to book for us all at the IBIS hotel.

Quote:ALso i was wandering how the dutch are going to Mainz.
By car, I think.
ALA I BATAVORUM
OK

i think that i also take the car. I have taken the friday and monday the day off. I'm planning to drive to Mainz on friday. I have room for 2 more people - perhaps a third one.
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
9 people of Legio XI Belgium will come to the Mainz congres eventually. Big Grin

We have booked lodgings a bit away from Mainz (12km I think). The IBIS hotel was a bit too expensive for most of us.

Vale,
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
We´ll be there on friday, going to Bonn first, then driving back to Mainz.
Christian K.

Hi folks,

Isn't it about time we get a program of the RAT-conference? I would like to book my train tickets, so I need to know when it all starts and when the last day ends.

Looking forward to meet you guys.

Greets,

Hans
Flandria me genuit, tenet nunc Roma
Did we decide on which museums to visit now? If we are going to the Saalburg I would organize it that we get (if you wish) a guided tour in English. But then I need to know how many we are and when, Saturday afternoon or Sunday afternoon, though I couldn't accompany you on Sunday.

Otherwise my suggestion is that we concentrate this year on Mainz becuase there are also plenty of museums to see and I will propose a visit to the Saalburg and that area for next years conference.
I, and the other people of my group who will be coming would like to concentrate on Mainz.

Vale,
Falco
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Ok. I just went through the thread and noted the following lectures:
- Svenja: Gladiators as soldiers
- Hans: Praetorians in Mainz
- Christian: ?
- Jona: ?
- Ben: Crassus' in Parthia
I'll add myself as a sixth lecturer on Legionaries as mariners.

If we go for the usual 45 minutes or so per lecture, that fills up the Saturday and Sunday morning. Friday and Sunday afternoon trips will have to be for those who are there, with only Saturday afternoon for all.
So, where shall we go? I propose to stay close to Mainz, which leaves us:
- Bad Kreuznach (tombstones of Pantera, Daverzus and several other auxiliaries)
- Wiesbaden (if we can make an appointment)
- Mainz museum for ancient shipping
- Romisch-Germanisches museum, Mainz

The first two require some travel time, but no huge amounts, the other two could be combined in an afternoon.

Looking forward to see you all again!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine