Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oregon and Washington Romans
The second is turning out for their first event this year May 23-26, 2008 . It's an SCA event called Egils. We will have a period early diner and meeting 4-5:00 pm on Saturday of the event, so you're encouraged to bring a dish or cook a dish there.

My wife and I will be selling pottery and small metal things like broaches and and toiletry items.

All are invited!

Event info and site info are below

http://www.antir.sca.org/Upcoming/?Event_ID=1938
http://www.egils.org/

Dean
Hi Dean, sounds interesting. I'll talk to the guys in our group (only 4 members so far) about going. Is pre-registation required?

How many in your group, Is Sam Kempton still a member? I used to do WWII reenacting with him.

Maius/Bill
Marcus Petronius Maius
LEG XIIII GEMINA COH VI
Sam is not an active member. Do come out please! You can pre register if you like but you can als pay at the gate.

Dean
Three of us are planning on comming out for Saturday and Sunday.

Maius/Bill
Marcus Petronius Maius
LEG XIIII GEMINA COH VI
Dean,

I'm so glad to see what the 2nd is up to these days! We miss you and Oregon! Have a great time out there.

Laura
Aurelia Coritana
aka Laura Sweet
[url:3tjsw0iy]http://www.theromanway.org[/url]
[url:3tjsw0iy]http://www.legionten.org[/url]

Si vales, gaudeo. (If you are well, then I am happy.)
We had a great time! Citronella fuel, beer, and campfires can be so much fun! It being in Oregon, the day was sunny and the evening rained a biblical flood, but we still had fun. Most of the folks had Scandinavian or Celtic personas; as there were no classical types they ate us up! They loved what we were doing. We got to go around collecting taxes and enforcing Caesar's peace. I wish I'd been able to attend all the party invitations we'd gotten.

Thanls again, Dean for loaning us the tent, and all the ideas for Rome's future in the Pacific Northwest.
---AH Mervla, aka Joel Boynton
Legio XIIII, Gemina Martia Victrix
*heavy sigh* I sure wish I could have been there; I'd very much like to have been a part of the discussion. Another time, perhaps?
Iulia Sempronia (Sara Urdahl)
Officium ante Proprium Bonum
Hi Dean, was good meeting you, Jeff and your wives this past weekend, as Joel said we had a great time! Really enjoyed firing the "Scorpion" Big Grin

I'll be meeting with the Ft. Stevens staff later this week, I plan to reserve one weekend a month during the summer. I'll let you know when I have the dates set.

Looking forward to working with you in our quest to bring Roman reenacting to the Northwest.

Maius/Bill
Marcus Petronius Maius
LEG XIIII GEMINA COH VI
We certainly were a hit! I've never been more photographed in my life! I was told it was much more when I wasn't around! I can 't wait until the next get together.

Dean
Photos would be very nice to see, Dean. Very nice indeed! I've been very event-deprived this year, so must live vicariously through others' good times. :roll:
Quote:*heavy sigh* I sure wish I could have been there; I'd very much like to have been a part of the discussion. Another time, perhaps?

The discussion went a bit like this: "lets form an umbrella group of Roman enthusiasts in the Pacific NW that will cover Rome, civilian, and military." So join us!

Dean
I'm there, domine, I'm there. Just tell me what I need to do!
Quote:I'm there, domine, I'm there. Just tell me what I need to do!

Hi Julilla, I think we talked once, as Dean said we are in the process of buliding a Roman presence in the NW to include Washington and Oregon with our base being at Ft. Stevens State Park.

You are most welcome to join with us when you can, I know it's a long drive from central Washington. I'll keep you posted on our schedule of events if you would like.

I took some photos at Egils and our first time at Ft. Stevens, I'll get them posted here soon.

Maius/Bill
Marcus Petronius Maius
LEG XIIII GEMINA COH VI
This is great! The Pacific NW is networking!

If we can do anything to help (as Portland ex-pats) let us know.

We've had fun with our Civ. group (The Roman Way) and legion (Legio X Fretensis).

-M
Michael Sweet, Ph.D.
Viking Invasion [url:31zephj0]http://www.vikinginvasion.org[/url]
I've really admired what you and Laura have done with The Roman Way and would very much like to see something similar up here. How widespread is your membership? Are members drawn mostly from around Austin or farther afield?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  May 23-24 & Jun 27-28 in Oregon Renius 1 832 05-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Last Post: maius
  Oregon and Washington Romans - Ft. Stevens encampment maius 18 4,495 06-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Last Post: maius