Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New recruits
aaah great Blackadder
I heard Rowan want's to make a next episode. World war two this time.
Hope his friends will join
Patrick Van Calck
Someone was surprised after I said this year my fencing club increased the womens presence from 0% to 40% (well, we´re about 15, is not hard)

Just a hint for those of you which are surprised:

We never said such comments about armpits as here.

Got it? :wink:
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
Nothing wrong with hairy armpits - I've got 'em. And I fail to see why I'm getting grief, it was the Italian who started it. :wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:Yeah, about as cunning as any plan announced in Blackadder with "I have a cunning plan, Mylord..." Wink
I had exactly the same reaction! :lol:
Titus Aetius Constans
Tim
Quote:
Quote:Yeah, about as cunning as any plan announced in Blackadder with "I have a cunning plan, Mylord..." Wink
I had exactly the same reaction! :lol:

Oh you two, get back to your turnips :lol:
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Quote:I had to point out the men we had to breed with

Ok, but at least our idea of romancing a lady isn't following her around on a scooter with 30 of our mates making kissy noises.
Quote:
Libitina:600yb633 Wrote:I had to point out the men we had to breed with

Ok, but at least our idea of romancing a lady isn't following her around on a scooter with 30 of our mates making kissy noises.

:lol: God no, far too much effort. Petrol station carnations at most :wink:

Anyway I'll shush, putting off any newbies from doing their intros. "You don't have to be mad to post here, but it helps" x
Kat x

Quote:Petrol station carnations at most

You see, now that's classy. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quote:
Quote:Petrol station carnations at most

You see, now that's classy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

heehee! :lol:
Kat x

Hey all. The name is Chris, I am getting into the SCA here in Florida (Gainesville). Learning to do the SCA fighting thing, which is tough as I am turning 40 in a few weeks and have been driving a desk for far too many years. Sad

I am doing a Roman persona, but getting the specifics keeps changing as I learn more.

I am very much into history, although I am sure not a fraction as well versed as you folks, I do want to make a decent stab at an accurate representation as I can (within SCA restrictions of course).

I have been digging through the information here for a few months and love what I have been able to find so far, GREAT STUFF.

Although I am in it for the fight so to speak, I am VERY concerned about getting as close to authentic as I can within those limits and the information I have found here, or linked from here has been a wonderful starting point on much of this.

My screen name is not all that Roman, but it has followed me for many years unchanged (online using that name for about 15 years) and if you see it on another forum, its probably me. Tongue

Thanks for letting me step aboard.

Chris
Chris McVey
Hi Chris, welcome to the RAT forum.

I would also like to welcome everyone else who has joined this last month.

Maius/Bill
Marcus Petronius Maius
LEG XIIII GEMINA COH VI
Kat x

welcome, chris !!
Patrick Van Calck
Welcome Chris, watch out for that Libitina chick. She's a turnip pusher and she snorts carnations!
Lochinvar/Ewan Carmichael
I won't even pretend to get that one. :? wink:

Well, I managed to get some loaner armor and fight in a "corinthian" rig last night, i.e. musculata, helmet with a crest, a big ole' hoplon type shield, etc. Very nice time and I am glad I am going this direction. I have been done up in some other types of armor, but this was very comfortable for me, so it re-enforced my desire to go the Roman route.
I have realized I am going to have to have one kit that is sca legal, then another to do anything remotely accurate. Tongue Good thing I like making things!
Chris McVey