Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Kelticos.org done?
Hello, folks.

Today, I've been finding old forums I've been a part of over the years. RAT is one of them.

When I approached Kelticos, any time I clicked on a topic, it would redirect to the main page. I did a quick internet search, and it seems someone said something on Reddit back in 2018 about it. No one could get a hold of the owner. Even the Wayback page is lacking in "meat and potatoes". Anyways, do any of you know what happened? Are folks simply going elsewhere for anything Celtic?

Any insight would be appreciated.
It seemed to have been hacked and packed with malware a few years ago whjich was the last time I checked.

One of my goals this decade is to take some of the things which argument culture and the open web produced and turn them into printed books and articles before the last of them go down. I already have published one journal article and drafted a big project which I will announce to people with that interest in the near future (oh, and reenacting the archaic and the long sixth century).
Nullis in verba

I have not checked this forum frequently since 2013, but I hope that these old posts have some value. I now have a blog on books, swords, and the curious things humans do with them.
Such a shame to see this, and that it happened so suddenly too, it always felt as a sort of "sister" forum to RAT, and a place I frequented every now and then.
Julian M. Silva Cross
Does anyone know who ran it? Contacting the host would be the best way to find out whether it can be brought back online.
Nullis in verba

I have not checked this forum frequently since 2013, but I hope that these old posts have some value. I now have a blog on books, swords, and the curious things humans do with them.
Hello, I created Kelticos. It was a good place to share our research and projects. I tried to maintain it as best as I could, but there were security issues that I kept dealing with that would get in the way of everyone enjoying the site, and took a lot of time from me as an administrator. In hindsight I should have explored including advertisements so the board would remain free, but had a little something to outsource it's maintenance. A few years ago I made a big upgrade to the newst version of phpBB and it looked great. At the same time I offered it up to transfer to a new owner who could devote thier time to it: "passing the torch." I provided all the necessary files and databases to make the transition easy. Unfortunately, he was not as familiar with the process as I had assumed. So the version you find online now is just a "shell" like from a wayback machine. It is not the website I transfered. Since I gave it away because I no longer had time for it, I was not going to spend my time teaching him how to make it run. It's freeware afterall and I learned on my own..... It is disappointing to me to see that Kelticos turned into a shell. The new owner has all the peices and just needs to dedicate his time to it if he truly wants to see it work again.... And that where I left it and moved on.
Lugorix

aka:  Jeffrey Adam Scharp

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kelticos.org Lugorix 1 2,788 06-20-2006, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis