Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Kelticos.org done?
Hello, I created Kelticos. It was a good place to share our research and projects. I tried to maintain it as best as I could, but there were security issues that I kept dealing with that would get in the way of everyone enjoying the site, and took a lot of time from me as an administrator. In hindsight I should have explored including advertisements so the board would remain free, but had a little something to outsource it's maintenance. A few years ago I made a big upgrade to the newst version of phpBB and it looked great. At the same time I offered it up to transfer to a new owner who could devote thier time to it: "passing the torch." I provided all the necessary files and databases to make the transition easy. Unfortunately, he was not as familiar with the process as I had assumed. So the version you find online now is just a "shell" like from a wayback machine. It is not the website I transfered. Since I gave it away because I no longer had time for it, I was not going to spend my time teaching him how to make it run. It's freeware afterall and I learned on my own..... It is disappointing to me to see that Kelticos turned into a shell. The new owner has all the peices and just needs to dedicate his time to it if he truly wants to see it work again.... And that where I left it and moved on.
Lugorix

aka:  Jeffrey Adam Scharp

Messages In This Thread
Is Kelticos.org done? - by Blue Saka - 10-17-2021, 08:19 PM
RE: Is Kelticos.org done? - by Sean Manning - 10-26-2021, 04:45 PM
RE: Is Kelticos.org done? - by jmsilvacross - 10-27-2021, 09:37 AM
RE: Is Kelticos.org done? - by Sean Manning - 10-28-2021, 10:34 PM
RE: Is Kelticos.org done? - by Lugorix - 04-14-2022, 05:12 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kelticos.org Lugorix 1 2,794 06-20-2006, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis