Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gear manufacturers -roman gear- beginner
Good afternoon,

Iam new on this forum, as you can see by me not greeting you correctly as the rest on this forum. Iam sorry for that, I will try to improve that in the future. 
I joined this forum yesterday, because I would like to put together some type of roman gear. Since some time I have been researching about some roman infantrymen gear and the evolution - of helmets, shields etc.
I also watched some videos of people, that explained some parts of gear, but also reviews of gear by manufacturer x or y.
I often heard phrases like: "don´t buy this cheap style of gear and save up a bit."

So I wanted to ask you, if you could recommend me some manufacturers for roman gear and maybe some sorts of websites or books, where I can see hisorically accurate gear and how it´s put together.
Like I can´t just buy a replica of a shield from the first days of rome and carry a late time gladius or some sort of that.
Somehow I find myself in the middle of buying gear that I like by the looks, that fit in the same time period but would never be worn in this combination or buying gear that really fits together and is historically accurate. 

With kind regards from germany

Messages In This Thread
Gear manufacturers -roman gear- beginner - by 17_Jäger - 09-26-2021, 01:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cold Weather Gear CromForge207 1 1,258 07-28-2014, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Graham Sumner
  Personality, while in gear. john k. 3 1,853 11-25-2012, 01:30 AM
Last Post: Pyrgopolynices