Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flexibility of various Greek/Hellenic phalanxes.
You can interpret the sources exactly the way you want to. I have summarized my opinion for Jack to consider and I have also voiced my warning as to how one should be wary when reading about "open" or "even" terrain. I do not doubt your understanding of "ruggedness', but I do know that when people are discussing "open terrain", they are not always referring to the same terrain conditions.What you mean with that is for you to know. I also do not doubt your ability to read maps as I do not know you, your profession or your skills but I would still warn you to be very careful when reading sources as to the context. I do not have the time or the patience to write long posts analyzing the sources regarding the phalanx and the mentioned battles nor guide you to the relevant passages in a debate that I have done a number of times in the past, but I would advise to not be provocative in your posts as the only effect that it has (at least on me) is to just ignore you.

As for Jack, if there is anything you want me to elaborate on or any references you need regarding the OP, just tell me.
Macedon
Forum rules
George C. K.
῾Ηρακλῆος γὰρ ἀνικήτου γένος ἐστέ

Messages In This Thread
Flexibility of various Greek/Hellenic phalanxes. - by Macedon - 08-26-2015, 09:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Depictions of Underarm Phalanxes rrgg 44 13,552 01-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Macedon
  Ranks of Ancient Greek/Hellenic Armies? jabames 5 5,325 05-02-2013, 01:02 AM
Last Post: Sean Manning