Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late Roman Helmet Deurne-Berkasovo Variant II
Reproduced by Matt Lukes as his first attempt at a Late Roman helmet. The piece was copied directly from the helmet shell fragments in my collection, including the fine details (size of decorations, spacing, size of cheek and neck guards etc.) It is now an accurate display of what the original could have looked like.

Made with an iron core and a Copper sheathing (to save $$). The sheathing was then silvered and the gold plated! Perhaps a first for recreated helmets of this type?? In either case the end result if a beautiful helmet, with an authentic look. Matt also made sure to keep many of the variances of the originals in place, including the many errors and worker mistakes seen on so many of these hand made items.

I hope you enjoy!

P.S any dark spots you see are my camera lens (wow its hard to photograph something that shiny)
[attachment=12528]Frontleft-1.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=12529]Frontright-2.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=12530]Frontview2.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=12531]Leftrear-1.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=12535]Right.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Markus Aurelius Montanvs
What we do in life Echoes in Eternity

Roman Artifacts
[Image: websitepic.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Late Roman Helmet Deurne-Berkasovo Variant II - by Markus Montanvs - 07-16-2015, 08:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Berkasovo jeweled helmet ….neck guard Doc 5 2,778 09-26-2016, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Doc
  Where have those late roman helmet pics gone?? richard robinson 6 2,535 03-19-2014, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Flavivs Aetivs
  Detailed picture of the Berkasovo helmet Virilis 7 3,707 02-22-2014, 07:38 AM
Last Post: Virilis