Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Myth" of the "Dacian Falx" as a super weapon
Quote:There are several open battles with Romans, there are couple in the first war, not just the one from Tapae (who was one of the biggest in ancient times),......................................................... they had the biggest army ever used against a foreign enemy (Traian draw troops from all over the empire, Britania/Scotland border, Germania, Orient, and lots of irregular troop beside the legionars and auxiliars, already a big number massed in Moesia since Domitian), had the numerical superiority (quite a huge numerical superiority in second war), and ofcourse the technological superiority.
So i think Dacians was quite a very tough enemy................................
The actual location tought to be the ancient Tapae is not an open space, is a narrow one.
I don't see any problem for a population to fight in it's own techinques. Or to learn new ones from the Romans.

So I think Dacians were quite tough.....................miners :mrgreen: (the French team at Ro?ia Montan? - GOLD MINE - found evidences that the mines were in use before Romans came in Dacia. And I believe them - was there, saw some material) So the Romans must have known about the quantity of gold present in Dacia

Messages In This Thread
Re: The "Myth" of the "Dacian Falx" as a super weapon - by nina - 10-20-2010, 10:41 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dacian Falx test diegis 8 6,197 03-02-2017, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Crispianus
  Dacian Falx, by R. Wimmers Gaius Julius Caesar 54 8,893 06-27-2013, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar
  Dacian Falx JeffF 56 17,986 11-18-2010, 03:13 AM
Last Post: M. Demetrius