Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single Combat during the Trojan War
:lol: The thieving according to Herodotus was done by many cultures including the Greeks. The Greeks however were the first to start a war over it. Still it is a good reason for a mano y mano confrontation. :roll: No need to destroy an empire. :wink:
Thanks for the Compliment! Smile

There are many that think the Trojans were a Kingdom more like the Hittites as they were long time allies. The Kit probably would be very similar (Spears,Shields,Armor,etc.) but with different cultural influences. Unfortunately I haven't found much in the way of period arms and armor except for "possibly or maybe" this is Trojan or Greek. The exact date of the War is still contested so for now I am waiting for more evidence. The Figure 8 shield is still an argument from what I have read but think it existed as a wicker frame covered with oxhide like most early shields up to the African Zulu warriors. Light and agile enough for extended use in single combat.
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb

Messages In This Thread
Single Combat during the Trojan War - by Astiryu1 - 06-26-2010, 04:31 PM
Re: Single Combat during the Trojan War - by Astiryu1 - 06-26-2010, 06:23 PM